Seafire Mk 47 conversion

alain11

On 6/9/2019 at 7:57 PM, wunwinglow said:

There is a fabulous conversion on line from a Tamiya Spitfire, awesome indeed. And yes, it was a LOT of work.... 

http://soyuyo.main.jp/spit47/spit47-1.html

It is truly superb and a great inspiration but as Airfix with their 1:48th he's made the assumption that the cowling side panels are the same as those without the chin scoop and consequently the scoop is too large ( Airfix a lot worse ) I got this licked by taking a close look at a Griffon Spit with the side cowlings off when I drew up the Seafang nose which apart from the upper cowling is of the same form and the scoop lines tuck right in behind the prop, if you put the side cowlings of a Seafire 47 on a MK 24 there would be a tapered gap at the front end.

Graham

Edited by GrahamF
For more clarity

On 6/13/2019 at 6:50 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Even though I do have the FD conversion, as has been noted it does not cover everything, and if Iconicair put a Mk 47 conversion out Id definitely have to find a way to pick one up.    The Seafire is just tooooo cool. 

+1! I have the Sea Fang and it is really nice!

• 7 months later...

Has anyone any received more information on an actual Seafire Mk-47 conversion or eventual Mk-47 kit coming out?   Back in June 2019 a bit of hinting around to a new Kit possibly coming out.  I’m just trying to keep the rumor alive and well.  I would love this one to come out.

I believe its's still on the cards, but first there's a David Brown Tractor  to be released,  then maybe the 47 , Graham is in a better position to conform or deny this , but assuming it is a complete kit , I'm certainly interested ,

I've got the Seafang , and based on my experiences with it , the 47 will be a joy to build.. so basically be patient ..!