Seafire Mk 47 conversion

alain11

I did but the kit has yet to be ended. The conversion is very nice but only solves 50% of the issues as this does not cover the cockpit, the landing gear, the nose or the warload. This is still the best option but be prepared to a lot of work besides the use of the conversion kit (a lot of additional panels must be scribed, the folding wing mechanism seam must be added, etc.). Add also to that the fact the original kit was a dog to build as such. Last, one big problem is the lack of good documentation related to the plane. Few were built, books are only covering it among the other marks and the last surviving Warbird has been deeply modified (tons of cockpit systems were removed, wings do not fold anymore and so on). So, this is alas far from being a weekend project! 

Thierry ,i remember your WIP ( almost 4 years ago ... gee time is running out :wacko: ) I've dug it up from the depths , nice job , it's a bit a shame that you left it aside ...for now :innocent:

I think that the AA conversion is slightly different from the freightdog set ,I didn't check the resin parts , but AA provides this particular windscreen and hood 

Alain

5 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

There is a fabulous conversion on line from a Tamiya Spitfire, awesome indeed. And yes, it was a LOT of work.... 

here it is 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiyxPOLit3iAhUSDxQKHVN5BkMQjhx6BAgBEAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoyuyo.main.jp%2Fspit47%2Fspit47e-1.html&psig=AOvVaw3_S7s3pUbjU7-sOlp365q0&ust=1560192980725839

I built the Matchbox Mk-22 in college and hung it from my dorm room ceiling.  I still have this kit surgically disassembled for the freight-dog conversion.   

I also picked up a newer Revell release just for the darn.decals.   Love the late Mk Spits.   

6 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

The Mk-47 in my humble opinion is one of the coolest looking aircraft on the planet.    

I agree. The contra-rotating prop and that enormous tail make it a very aggressive-looking beast. One of my dream projects is a display with an early Spitfire I beside a fully-loaded Seafire 47 to show the development that aircraft went through. Someday...

Edited by R Palimaka

2 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

I built the Matchbox Mk-22 in college and hung it from my dorm room ceiling.  I still have this kit surgically disassembled for the freight-dog conversion.   

I also picked up a newer Revell release just for the darn.decals.   Love the late Mk Spits.   

Yes, the decals are fantastic!  Worth the tenner each I paid for a couple of the kits alone!

I had never heard of the AA Productions conversion. Found it on eBay, sounds interesting, 50 parts including new larger tailplanes. 

I have the Freightdog conversion which I had planned to use. Would love to see the other one. 

Richard

I believe they are basically one and the same, taken over by Freightdog but a few new bits added. I have the original floating around somewhere, but will probably never use is as time is too short to work with the Matchbox kit. if someone does a conversion for the Tamiya Spitfire then I will be in.