Trumpy 109 G2 Trop tweeks ?

spacewolf

Can't be sure Vaughn, but I think Thierry has done a tweak/comparison list somewhere?!? ...

Obviously it's not the most accurately outlined replication of the original ....

The honours there would probably go to Hasegawa in this scale? ... Although every kit has its quirks.

The nose is a bit pointy and narrow if you want to be really nit-picky ... but the engineering/fit is good - it will be a more enjoyable experience to build I think :)

It is also the most accurate of Trumpeters 'F/G' series ...

TBH ... I really like them ... enjoy!

Rog :)

What is missed in the tweaks list is the pointy nose syndrome well discussed but rarely identified.

It comes from an overly rounded lower cowl which causes the nose to look Pinocchio like.

in short the sides of the lower cowl are noticably more rounded ie not vertical with sharper corners.

If someone would produce a resin lower cowl it would fix the kits glaring issue that makes any Trump 190 easily identifiable.

You just cant miss the pointy nose.

I have not reviewed or looked at their G kits, but their E kit has canopy issues (and the early G should have the same basic canopy). Problem is the E is not rectangular at its base, it tapers from the front to the rear in width.

They may have fixed it in their later birds, but it is something to look for.

Indeed, I did not identify that problem at that time and always forgot to update the list. The G2 trop is actually the first late 109 kit released by Trumpeter. It was wrongly packaged as a F4 and later correctly released as a G2. Most of my comments are applicable for the kit. It is indeed very stupid nobody ever released a lower cowling part as, with regard to the shapes, this is the only major issue of the kit. Nothing that cannot be solved with some epoxy putty but this will be time consuming. Besides that, I love the kit and it has positive aspects the Hasegawa or Revell kit do not have. One thing you absolutely need to change is the tires because with time an oily residue is going out of them (a problem I saw in many of my Trumpy plane kits).