Sign in to follow this  
steinerman

Newbe's greetings and large scale modeling history

Hello and :post1: Mr. Larry Steiner.

what a magnificent  introduction Sir.

I am  delighted to see that we have gotten  mature generation in our midst .

I look forward to your builds... past, present and future regardless of the genre and scale.

I had a look at your Flickr pictures of the boat :THUNDERATION.  SUPERB looking boat.:wow:

and I hope you start a WIP{ wirk in progress } on one of your FLYING FORTRESS models..

have a jolly time on here and I am sure I will learn from your builds.:coolio:

:punk:  MARU  5137

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Yeah I’m 37 and yesterday was spent building a Lego. Wasn’t even for my Nephew. It was mine. All mine. 

Haha, I'm 47 and have a Lego Saturn V, a Mellinium Falcon, and Super Star Destroyer to build yet. Lego sets are wonderful no matter your age 

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Haha, I'm 47 and have a Lego Saturn V, a Mellinium Falcon, and Super Star Destroyer to build yet. Lego sets are wonderful no matter your age 

I have the Saturn V, a Millenium Falcon (not the super expensive one) the collector series Slave One, the Collector series Snowspeeder,  BB-8 and a Y-Wing and yesterday’s addition, the Lego Technic Porsche 911 Gt-RS which is huge. The Saturn V kicked off this latest addiction. Loved the stuff as a kid, spent hours with the Lego. There will be more to come. 

30 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

The Saturn V kicked off this latest addiction. Loved the stuff as a kid, spent hours with the Lego. There will be more to come. 

Yep, same same! 

Wow!  Thanks for the warm welcome gents!  I just wanted to let you know that I'm starting a couple build logs.  Since I'm working on two models concurrently (alternately?) I'll try to keep both updated and current.  Both will be in the "Non-LSP" forum because neither are 1:32 aircraft or larger.

The first thread will be about the Monogram 1:48 B-17G that I dug out of my attic.  It's partially done in that the interior is finished and the two halves of the fuselage are glued together. That's where the log will start.  I have ordered new decals for this bomber as well as the Eduard external detail set.

The second log will record the progress of my 1:200 Trumpeter USS Missouri battleship with the Pontos Detail set and also the Pontos Advanced Detail set.  I took a lot of pictures of my progress so far so I will post a few of these as well as where I am now.  This is a long term effort due to the amount of detail I'm adding to this ship. 

I hope my efforts meet your expectations.

Welcome!

I live in Howell Michigan with relatives in GR and frequent the city often.  Riders Hobby Shop is usually a stop.  I would really appreciate meeting a fellow retired model builder.

have fun always,

Rick