1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and Cheetah E

Renegade

On 7/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, Marcel111 said:

Looking just great! You will absolutely have to sell resin copies!

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks, and that's a good idea, because the IIIC would need it too ;)

Another update on the JL-100 pod. Finally got the blast vents done. Now detailing can be started on the other little details on the launcher and fuel tank section.

fzLXZO.jpg

5Dwrmc.jpg

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 8:09 PM, Cheetah11 said:

Nice work on the JL-100 John. I am sure the Mirage models will look much better with these rather than with the skinny ones in the Italeri kit.:clap2:

Thanks man :)

Work and a "dictator in a diaper" has been depriving me from making progress lately, but managed to get some bench time in. Pretty much done (just a few scratches to fill) with the JL-100, which has now been riveted and the circuit breaker safety lever (located underneath and behind the cone) made. Quite a simple mechanism in real life, but genius at the same time. Using wind resistance to push it in after the aircraft rotates, thus arming the system.

G55nxl.jpg

bWuwOC.jpg

XVtVkV.jpg

jfJm8H.jpg

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

It's been quite a while since I could work on this project. Thanks Eric and Marcel for your compliments on the JL-100 pod, really glad it came out well :)

While trying to test fit the modified intakes, I realized what a pain in the butt it is. It's just not a user friendly break up of the parts, plus tricky filling of the seams and annoying ejector punch marks. So, I decided to assemble them completely and filling the seams, as well as the cavity inside the shock cones. Then cut them off carefully to make molds of them for future projects.

cOyIbc.jpg

Cheers

hi

great stuffs :bow: can't wait to see how you will improve the gear bays ,especially the front one , which has poor details , I struggled whit all these "pipes" , and I am not keen for  another  one......

great job !!:clap2:

Alain

12 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Great scratch work. This is going to be incredible. 

Dan

Thanks Dan! :)

7 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

great stuffs :bow: can't wait to see how you will improve the gear bays ,especially the front one , which has poor details , I struggled whit all these "pipes" , and I am not keen for  another  one......

great job !!:clap2:

Alain

Thanks Alain, but I'm not too much concerned about the wheel wells. They're not really visible viewing the model when it's built, even on a mirror as a base. That's why I'm focusing on the more obvious details that needed attention. Hope you understand ;)

Cheers,

John