1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and Cheetah E

Renegade

hi

nice !!!!!!! I wonder why you didn't make separated pieces whit the aim of a future casting, as you did whit the other parts .... Isracast provide separated parts , but they seem a little bit smaller ( I mean the "tooth ").... maybe an illusion :blink:

Alain

12 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

nice !!!!!!! I wonder why you didn't make separated pieces whit the aim of a future casting, as you did whit the other parts .... Isracast provide separated parts , but they seem a little bit smaller ( I mean the "tooth ").... maybe an illusion :blink:

Alain

Hi Alain,

Glad you like it. The Dogtooth extensions are only glued in a few spots to finish them off. I'll make molds of them, so they can be useful for future projects ;)

I have the Isracast Kfir C7 conversion (rather nice and comprehensive set), and the Dogtooth is a bit shorter. Not sure if it has something to do with being based the old Revell kit? But it wont fit this one. I'm quite tempted to tackle the Kfir family for the Italeri kit now B)

jHPPg3.jpg

9 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

Those Cheetah leading edges are looking good! Hope you’ll do a Cheetah D conversion.

Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

The D is in the pipeline as well :)

Cheers

Alain,

That's correct, the two-seater. I have most of the nose shape done for that. The Cheetah D is based on the Kfir TC.7, but retaining the ATAR powerplant. Once the rear cockpit has been added, many other two-seater Mirage III/V variants can be made from that. I taped the nose progress of the Cheetah D onto the kit just for fun :)

vE5TZ1.jpg

One can clearly see the resemblance between the Kfir TC and The Cheetah D in the pictures below.

Cheetah D

F8xMtT.jpg

Kfir TC

yRM44h.jpg

Cheers

hi

Ooooooh !!! I like these "long nose" Mirage ( especially the longest single seat version) ;) ....Well it seems that we have the main components of the Cheetah E version !!! maybe the refueling probe will be the next part :hmmm:and decals as well , I like the two tone grey scheme ..... 

Alain

1609c511a243e23f4b87948f6651baed.jpg

Edited by alain11

On 10/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, Renegade said:

Alain,

That's correct, the two-seater. I have most of the nose shape done for that. The Cheetah D is based on the Kfir TC.7, but retaining the ATAR powerplant. Once the rear cockpit has been added, many other two-seater Mirage III/V variants can be made from that. I taped the nose progress of the Cheetah D onto the kit just for fun :)

After that is done-we need masks and decals for this

https://www.airliners.net/photo/South-Africa-Air-Force/Atlas-Cheetah-D/1173122/L?qsp=eJyrVkrOzytJrSgJqSxIVbJSSsxJKs1V0lEqSCxKzC1WsqqGiHimKFkZmRpYmtXWAgDBHRDb

On 10/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, Kagemusha said:

Ok, I have to ask, are these fantastic goodies going to be available to buy? 

Kagemusha, I will be making molds of the new parts ;)

On 10/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, alain11 said:

Ooooooh !!! I like these "long nose" Mirage ( especially the longest single seat version) ;) ....Well it seems that we have the main components of the Cheetah E version !!! maybe the refueling probe will be the next part :hmmm:and decals as well , I like the two tone grey scheme ..... 

Alain, still some work ahead before I have all the components ready. Not sure if the Cheetah E is in fact the single seater with the longest nose, but it should be just about the same length as the Pantera CN. The two-tone grey scheme was and experimental camouflage only applied to #842 before her retirement.

23 hours ago, iaf-man said:

iaf-man, that must be one of the least liked schemes (here in South Africa) ever to be put on a Cheetah B. Why on earth they couldn't just continue with the black nose colour to the intakes, just blows my mind...? :mental:

It's called the "Bandit", but has a more satirical nickname as "Knersus", a Pterodactyl puppet from an 1980's kiddies show...lol. Below you'll see why :lol:

Pliezc.jpg

Back to the current build, and the correct bulkhead is in for a test fit, as well as the new canards. Now she's starting to look like a Cheetah E  :)

bMKEb6.jpg

ii80VY.jpg

Cheers

16 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

I just like sharks and color,too much boring grey lately

The "Bandit" is colourful, I admit. I just wish it could have been more like that of the Cheetah C #370 "Vlaggie".

7tJvSE.jpg

18 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

other striking scheme is the "jaguar" like,but is more complicated

I think you are referring to Cheetah C #342 known as "Spotty" :)

RuJigi.jpg

Interestingly, there is also a Cheetah E sporting almost the same scheme.

sgUNpp.jpg

Cheers

Thanks Marcel :)

Naturally the Cheetah D with the framed windshield will be done first (some time in the future...). Early Cheetah B's had the same windshield before their upgrade with the 16 ton main undercarriage and wraparound windshield. It's an easy solution with a replacement vac-form windshield.

Cheers