Renegade

1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and variants.

hi

great stuffs :bow: can't wait to see how you will improve the gear bays ,especially the front one , which has poor details , I struggled whit all these "pipes" , and I am not keen for  another  one......

great job !!:clap2:

Alain

12 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Great scratch work. This is going to be incredible. 

Dan

Thanks Dan! :)

7 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

great stuffs :bow: can't wait to see how you will improve the gear bays ,especially the front one , which has poor details , I struggled whit all these "pipes" , and I am not keen for  another  one......

great job !!:clap2:

Alain

Thanks Alain, but I'm not too much concerned about the wheel wells. They're not really visible viewing the model when it's built, even on a mirror as a base. That's why I'm focusing on the more obvious details that needed attention. Hope you understand ;)

Cheers,

John

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Thanks Dan! :)

Thanks Alain, but I'm not too much concerned about the wheel wells. They're not really visible viewing the model when it's built, even on a mirror as a base. That's why I'm focusing on the more obvious details that needed attention. Hope you understand ;)

Cheers,

John

too bad :unsure:........well one can hide the " poverty " by closing the gear door :whistle: 

which intakes are for the Mirage 50 , left one or the right one ? .. I never noticed such differences before . that will be useful to convert the kit with the help of the forthcoming Antarki  sets 

Alain

Alain,

lol...

It's the shorter intakes on the right with the scalloped splitter plates. As far as I know, they were cut back to increase the airflow. They also feature on the SAAF Mirage IIIR2Z and Cheetah B.

Edited by Renegade

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since my last post. With all the resin copies done, I did a quick test fit the parts of  on the Italeri IIIE kit. The fuselage was simply held together by masking tape and some spots of superglue, no filler either. This because I have other variants I want to make using this kit.

qjxUSo.jpg

HBufNf.jpg

FgGryR.jpg

8s0lcd.jpg

0XRyCk.jpg

tBbvSg.jpg

mnNHJG.jpg

qzztdO.jpg

The kit decals are not accurate, so I'm having the correct ones printed

9483us.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade
Missing image

Looking really, really good John! I saw these bits in the flesh... err resin on the weekend and the workmanship is stunning! I do like your attention to detail - lovely stuff! You need to finish something in this scale - you need a push! Regards, Marc. 

On 9/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, Marcleon said:

Looking really, really good John! I saw these bits in the flesh... err resin on the weekend and the workmanship is stunning! I do like your attention to detail - lovely stuff! You need to finish something in this scale - you need a push! Regards, Marc. 

Thanks Marc, it was great to catch up at the Nationals :)

Glad you approve of the parts.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, missed that last update!  Really great result, and agreed those parts look great. Cant wait to see what they look like under some paint. 

Thanks man :)

I doubt that this kit will see paint for a while, as I'm already using it as a guinea pig for other Mirage III variants and updates.

3Q14RF.jpg

6rTnMx.jpg

Cheers