1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and Cheetah E

Renegade

On 9/26/2019 at 6:45 AM, alain11 said:

hummmm...... Mirage 50CN Pantera ????!!!!!! :hmmm:

Alain

maybe I am wrong, but I think that Antarki will soon edit a resin set for this version 

the second one from the bottom

64398716_2184652851582663_54050766224348

I have been patiently waiting since August, I already bought their decals, now I just need the nesher parts.

On 02 September 2019 at 12:51 PM, Cheetah11 said:

Hi Alain,

the shorter intakes are are also on the Mirage III Milan and NG. Basically on most of the Snecma 09K-50 powered Mirage III variants.

Nick

Generally speaking :

Shorter intakes for 09C and later engInes

scallopped splitter plate for 09K50 engines

Hey John, that E is looking sweet. I have my 32nd IIIE lined up ready and waiting. Simple grey Cheetah E camo. Please make the intake pylons as well !!!! And then of course, please scale up your 48th Cheetah C set to 32nd. We appreciate aftermarket guys like yourself putting in the hard work to give us some great options. 

As a side note, once your E is done, maybe look at doing an F1 nose and refueling probe so that we can make the prettiest of the species : the Venzuelan 50 !!!! 

1 hour ago, Mistral said:

Hey John, that E is looking sweet. I have my 32nd IIIE lined up ready and waiting. Simple grey Cheetah E camo. Please make the intake pylons as well !!!! And then of course, please scale up your 48th Cheetah C set to 32nd. We appreciate aftermarket guys like yourself putting in the hard work to give us some great options. 

As a side note, once your E is done, maybe look at doing an F1 nose and refueling probe so that we can make the prettiest of the species : the Venzuelan 50 !!!! 

Hi Mistral

remember, John said that he need s about 20 guys that would be interested by the Cheetah C conversion ,to make it real ( I mean at the big scale......of course );) I am in , still 19 guys:mental:

Alain

Edited by alain11

On 10/22/2019 at 3:32 PM, alain11 said:

Hi Mistral

remember, John said that he need s about 20 guys that would be interested by the Cheetah C conversion ,to make it real ( I mean at the big scale......of course );) I am in , still 19 guys:mental:

Alain

What 19?we're already 15..count me in as 4 )))))

On 10/22/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mistral said:

Thanks Malcom :)

I have to admit that I like the all over grey scheme too. The Cheetah C will be done in 1/32 as well ;)

The Venezuelan Mirage 50 is a good looker indeed, and not that hard to modify from here. Interest in a subject like this is a big factor to justify the effort.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, alain11 said:

Hi Mistral

Alain

It's a justified project, and I'm quite passionate about the Cheetah C ;)

Thanks for your support :)

On 10/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, iaf-man said:

What 19?we're already 15..count me in as 4 )))))

Thanks man :speak_cool:

Another update on this project, as I made the fairing that houses the CHAFF/Flare cartridges. It was shaped from a block of resin and plastic card.

YfyrPO.jpg

Cheers

Hi John

22 hours ago, Renegade said:

YfyrPO.jpg

Cheers

Be careful of using the Italeri Mir III parts of the rear bay tank as a master to work from. The Cheetah and Kfir rear bay tank had a different cross section to that of the Mir III as it was more rounded and less tapered. It also had a lower profile.

Here are two photo which might help.

cheetah-7.jpg

DSC-0041.jpg

Happy modeling

Nick

Hi Nick,

2 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Be careful of using the Italeri Mir III parts of the rear bay tank as a master to work from. The Cheetah and Kfir rear bay tank had a different cross section to that of the Mir III as it was more rounded and less tapered. It also had a lower profile.

I noticed that as soon as I cut the Italeri ventral fuel tank. The old Revell one is much better suited, and busy with adapting it already ;)

axCgR4.jpg

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Hi John

Great to see this build starting up again. I’m looking forward to seeing it finished as your skills are incredible.
The world sure is an interesting (to say the least) place at the moment.

Cheers Neil