1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and Cheetah E

Renegade

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Thanks Dan! :)

Thanks Alain, but I'm not too much concerned about the wheel wells. They're not really visible viewing the model when it's built, even on a mirror as a base. That's why I'm focusing on the more obvious details that needed attention. Hope you understand ;)

Cheers,

John

too bad :unsure:........well one can hide the " poverty " by closing the gear door :whistle: 

which intakes are for the Mirage 50 , left one or the right one ? .. I never noticed such differences before . that will be useful to convert the kit with the help of the forthcoming Antarki  sets 

Alain

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since my last post. With all the resin copies done, I did a quick test fit the parts of  on the Italeri IIIE kit. The fuselage was simply held together by masking tape and some spots of superglue, no filler either. This because I have other variants I want to make using this kit.

qjxUSo.jpg

HBufNf.jpg

FgGryR.jpg

8s0lcd.jpg

0XRyCk.jpg

tBbvSg.jpg

mnNHJG.jpg

qzztdO.jpg

The kit decals are not accurate, so I'm having the correct ones printed

9483us.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade
Missing image

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, Marcleon said:

Looking really, really good John! I saw these bits in the flesh... err resin on the weekend and the workmanship is stunning! I do like your attention to detail - lovely stuff! You need to finish something in this scale - you need a push! Regards, Marc. 

Thanks Marc, it was great to catch up at the Nationals :)

Glad you approve of the parts.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, missed that last update!  Really great result, and agreed those parts look great. Cant wait to see what they look like under some paint. 

Thanks man :)

I doubt that this kit will see paint for a while, as I'm already using it as a guinea pig for other Mirage III variants and updates.

3Q14RF.jpg

6rTnMx.jpg

Cheers

hummmm...... Mirage 50CN Pantera ????!!!!!! :hmmm:

Alain

maybe I am wrong, but I think that Antarki will soon edit a resin set for this version 

the second one from the bottom

64398716_2184652851582663_54050766224348

Edited by alain11

Hi Alain, 

Not quite a Pantera CN at this stage, but working towards it. This is a Cheetah E, of which I will make a copy of the nose and modify/strip down into a Pantera CN nose. They are similar, but not. You're correct about the Antarki 3D printed and resin cast conversion set in the near future, but I'm rather enjoying scratch building. A Pantera CN would also require a few more details on top of the resin parts portrayed in the CAD drawings, considering the shortcomings of the Italeri Mirage IIIE kit.

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, alain11 said:

Hi John

Cheetah E !!!!!! yes of course !!!!!:doh:it's obvious , and can't be otherwise .......coming from you  .....................in the alphabet , we have C ..before. E ...I think :rolleyes: ( just a joke )

Alain

Hahaha... Alphabetically for the Cheetahs would be B, C, D, E and R ;)

I had very little time for working on this, but did manage to get started on modifying the standard Mirage III leading edges with the Dogtooth extensions.

e2zlUS.jpg

Cheers