1/32 Italeri Mirage IIIE and Cheetah E

Renegade

On 7/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, Kagemusha said:

Very impressive. 

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Real nice!  Thats going to look great under paint

Thanks guys, this project is nearing it's end with little left to do :)

The main landing gear has been shortened, aided by studying Madmax's Mirage IIIRZ build.

nyDR2BP.jpg

Cheers

On 7/24/2020 at 11:47 PM, Marcel111 said:

Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing the other variants.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel, the Cheetah D should be next in line, but Ihave back back to the F-1C again for now.

Next batch of Cheetah E molds and first castings. Note that the lower section of the lower main landing gear is reinforced with a 1mm steel rod, which runs down the leg and is also bent into the axle. This was the weakness of the Italeri kit, but the upper section of the kit part is structurally sound.

wgJHnFc.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Renegade
Missing text

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Renegade said:

I have the Isracast Kfir C7 conversion (rather nice and comprehensive set), and the Dogtooth is a bit shorter. Not sure if it has something to do with being based the old Revell kit? But it wont fit this one.

I'm quite tempted to tackle the Kfir family for the Italeri kit now B)

Terrific devotion to this mirage family :)

I can confirm the dogtooth are too small on the Isracast conversion - at least if my Drawings are accurate.
I am in the process of using it on an old revell mirage and I just realised that today.

Kfir_01_dogtooth.png   Kfir_02_dogtooth.png

Still debating to go IAF C2/C7 or Columbia C10/C12 for my Kfir

If you ever decide to offer conversion for the KFIR for the italeri, that might solve my problems deciding wich one, I'd then do both. One with my current Revell and the next one Italeri with yours. So do let me know :)

On a side note, Would that Cheetah E IFR probe be accurate for a COA KFIR? That is the last bit that I need to source to finish the planning of my conversion.

Great job all the way, I might even regret going Kfir, I should have gone CHeetah :)

Edited by red Dog

1 hour ago, red Dog said:

I can confirm the dogtooth are too small on the Isracast conversion - at least if my Drawings are accurate.
I am in the process of using it on an old revell mirage and I just realised that today.

Agreed on a great job!!!

as for the tooth-depends which dog was chosen for it :D

are those Polish drawings considered accurate?I remember Isra had drawings as well in their book,worst case-I can go next week to the museum and

measure(well-try to,if noone shouts too loud)

5 hours ago, red Dog said:

If you ever decide to offer conversion for the KFIR for the italeri, that might solve my problems deciding wich one, I'd then do both. One with my current Revell and the next one Italeri with yours. So do let me know :)

On a side note, Would that Cheetah E IFR probe be accurate for a COA KFIR? That is the last bit that I need to source to finish the planning of my conversion.

Great job all the way, I might even regret going Kfir, I should have gone CHeetah :)

Thanks Red Dog,

I'm very passionate about the Mirage family. The Cheetah E has a few things in common with the Kfir C7, like the nose cone, instrument panel, ejection seat and in-flight refuelling probe. The bolt-on IFR probe should be the same on Kfirs, except for the Colombian TC.12. Regarding the Italeri kit, I'm going to do some other variants, including the Kfir C7. One I'd love to make, but I'm a bit concerned that it might not generate enough interest, is the experimental Mirage IIING, as it's very cool looking. Will tackle the two seater Cheetah D later, which will open doors to the Mirage III duals and variants too. Need to finish my 1/32 Mirage F-1C next though.

3 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Agreed on a great job!!!

as for the tooth-depends which dog was chosen for it :D

are those Polish drawings considered accurate?I remember Isra had drawings as well in their book,worst case-I can go next week to the museum and

measure(well-try to,if noone shouts too loud)

Iaf-man, thanks for your compliments too :)

The dogtooth fits between a very specific  group of panel lines on the wing, and the Isracast dogtooth doesn't match the Italeri kit and might be specific for the Revell kit's dimensions? I'm sure you will discover the same when you visit the aircraft. Should be interesting to hear what you find, if nobody shouts too loud...lol. Still, hats off to Isracast for making modelers happy to at least have a Kfir.

Cheers, John

Edited by Renegade
Corrections

Hi Oliver

On 7/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, red Dog said:

Your drawings are correct. On this photo you can see the position of the dog tooth.

Cheetah-C.jpg

Cheers

Nick