Another typo ? .....oh i hope not!!

Jack

33 minutes ago, R Palimaka said:

I wouldn't normally build a helicopter kit, but I find it a bit puzzling that the Sea King has never been done in 1/32. Such an important piece of equipment, used everywhere, for decades by so many countries. 

Richard

The modeling world hasn't seen fit to release a LS UH-1D/H (which was truly used nearly everywhere, by dozens of countries).   Gotta believe that a LS Sea King (as cool as it would be) wouldn't exactly be setting sales records.

Edited by John1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

Part of the problem is the multiplicity of variants, many of which differ enough that you can't really just make extra parts to do them.  They would require substantial changes to the core fuselage/rotor parts.  Hasegawa tried it in 1/48, but it wasn't a big success.  About five years after their kit came out, when I was doing decal art for Hasegawa, I was there visiting them in Shizuoka.  They told me their Sea King was one of the slowest selling new 1/48 kits they had ever done.

I hope that changes in the future. I'm in love with the Sea King, and at this point, would even buy a SH-3 in that *OTHER* scale helos sometimes come in. 

I'm hoping against hope there could be a way to modularize  the airframe to make it possible to put out different versions buy keeping the main airframe sectioned. Im no kit manu, so obviously that is way easier said than done. As HB put out their B-24, I would hope they could just choose one of the most used variants and go with that, with the ability to change out certain options - even if not large main airframe components. 

Yes, that certainly is a shame. It is a classic cab that is missing from the line-up, along with a Scout/Wasp and a Gazelle, although preferable in a sensible scale, i.e. 1/35 rather than 1/32!

Monogram released the Gazelle/Blue Thunder in the past, 1/32 scale, could be converted into a descent helo, i still regret selling it .......

Edited by Jack