Hartmann's last Bf-109G10

The different cowl designations by J.C. Mermet were made to give a readily available way to differentiate between the various Messerschmitt 109 "refined" cowlings.  So, no they're not "official" RLM designations. This is a modeling site so a little leeway might be in order.

HTH,

D.B.

yes the "Type 110" is fiction, I metioned it only to note that this G10 has the flat panel on its left engine side.

anyway, it would be great to find some more pics of that ac..

Edited by Menelaos

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It’s just as easy to say Erla. Fewer letters even...

Not so sure as "type 110" is the same than "G10 Erla": 7 letters & digits!

It is well-known this is just a modeller reference but it has the advantage to identify all the cowling types from the F to the K, whatever may be the variant... We may like it or not but before Mermet's work, there was no clear nomenclature covering all the types.

23 hours ago, Menelaos said:

say folks do we have any other pics of Hartmann's last G-10 (Type 110 cowl with small bulges on the wings)? Particularly the last half of that ac?

was the camo in the rear half as it is on the profile?

It appears to be the bulged type 100 cowling if you really zoom in and study the lower lines of the front cowling. 

Thund I really can't see those bumps .....(It would be wonderfull if it was the 100 Type...so I would have not to change the 1:24 Trump Kit....)....the panel under the cockpit looks flat....

hmmm...

Edited by Menelaos