109Z?

chrish

Nice build D, I vaguely recall seeing that years ago but had forgotten about it until this post. A 109Z conversion is not something that I'd design and 3d print for myself, but if someone ever made the set in 1/32, I'd build that thing pretty much immediately.  The zwillings really are awesome to my eyes; I've been toying with the idea of making a big Junkers 635 conversion using two do335s - but it would also involve significantly lengthening the fuselage and outer wings, a new 2-person cockpit on one side and massive thick center wing. Likely way too involved for my sanity level...

Thanks, Mike!

A Do 635 would be enormous in 1/32 (90' full size wingspan = 33.75" in 1/32). Not 4-engine bomber big, but still big. Although, it would be an interesting project given the fact that it was engineered to the point of wind-tunnel testing during the war. Lots of factory arrangement drawings are out there for reference, too... 

As for the '109Z, I have toyed with the idea of building another one as a second-generation Z-3/4. I'd probably go with two Revell G-6 kits for the Erla Haube and tall tails, and add AMK S.199 conversions for the Jumo noses. Maybe someday. :hmmm:Having a kit available would make it happen for sure. 

D

3 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Wasn't there a conversion out there several years ago?

UMI Resin was talking about a full resin kit (a conversion set being impractical), but it never went beyond the contemplative stage before his untimely death. 

HTH,

D

Edited by D Bellis

I keep looking at that resin conversion (I think by Large Scale Models?) for the He 111 Zwilling....I almost ordered it once, had the web page open had the credit card out but, realized if I did build it...where in heavens name would I put it!?

sanity returned, web page closed, credit card put away...wait!? What!? There’s a 1/32 Lancaster!? By WNW?!