#1 LSP on your Shelf of Doom - post pix and cheer on

seiran01

I do have four or five models on the shelf of doom, but I also have some that are technically finished, but there was a degree of 'dipping for the line' involved to get them there!

i.e. I spent three months meticulously perfecting all details, but with the lure of a new subject getting strong, those standards went out of the window and the last push wasn't quite as perfectionist!

Hi guys,

I had only one Shelf Queen, but yesterday a colleague's son was more then happy to take it home! (Together with a 1/32 AH-1z after the decal debacle and a 1/35 Stug III and Mercedes truck)

The Shelf Queen was a Hasegawa F16a, the kits decals where too old and unusable.

I put Dutch roundels and squadron decals on it, hoping to find a cheap set to replace the kit's decals but couldn't find it, only for more money then I would like to spend.

So I decided to get rid of it, and I offered it to my colleague's son.

The look on his face when he saw the kits was priceless!!!!!!

So, maybe hard to believe for some builders, but I have no Shelf Queens anymore!

GRReetz,

Rob

My biggest regret is that I never finished this.  I put hundreds of hours into it, full scratchbuilt interior, pretty much every component had scratchbuilt or aftermarket add-ons.   Just never could make it to the finish line.   While in storage, she got damaged, making it even less likely that she'll ever get completed. Sadness....

IMG_4530

IMG_4532

IMG_4546

IMG_5228

Edited by John1

Here's my Trumpeter Me262 Night fighter, started ten years ago. I have put a lot of work into my representation of serial number 110306 and hope to get it done once in my lifetime...  :rolleyes:

http://xko9Imh.jpg

http://FQ96HAv.jpg

http://Y0EKgBd.jpg

Chris

Edited by Chris Wimmer

Currently have 3 LSPs on hold.

21st Century conversion of their A6M-22 to an A6M-32.

Scratch built Dornier Wal that I have touched in about 5 years now, but still on my list of things to finish

Trumpeter A-10. Sort of messed that one up by spilling some MEK on the underside of one of the engine pylons. No detail left at all. I'm still kicking myself over that. Other thing is the aftermarket engine front is too large in diameter to fit into the cowling. Still puzzling that one out.

I figure I'm gonna be at a standstill 'til 1 September next year. I retire then. Lots of time and a better mind frame.

I made a concerted effort a couple of years ago to clear off my SOD, and pretty much committed to finishing everything I start.

In saying that, I have a Revell 109G-6 sitting half done and I just don't have the motivation to finish it right now. That's it for me..

Sorry gent’s.  

I’m trying to copy a link off Imgur and provide you with a stupid picture for you.  

I just got the hang of all this picture posting stuff on PB and then I moved from So-Cal to Singapore.  I don’t want to use my company laptop to post images on LSP and I’m stuck with using only my iPad.

This has to be so simple to do an image upload.   From my tablet, I just can’t figure it out.  

People send links from their bloody phones and I can load a simple picture from my tablet.   Grrrrrrrr

My take on the SOD is that the shelf is essentially right above the bin and sort of ready to drop in with an easy flick of the wrist.   I give these kits one last try.  Jerry Rutman's Brewster Buffalo is dangling, saved only by the large amount of time spent. That and Jerry's Ta-152 kit.  Not much drive to complete these  now that styrene kits are available.  My Combat Models Tigercat will never be completed now that I have the new Tigger Models kit.  Probably a few others that will enter the SOD category now that I am moving during this August.  I will not be hauling them around.

Rick