New I-16 Type 24 from ICM

LSP_Kevin

That's because the pilots are not a feature of the original release of the type 24 I-16, but they are here.  Unless the markings are different in some spectacular way from those already offered, I'll pass.  I would imagine those who like crew figures with their models (not my "cup of tea") will enjoy this release.

Edited by esarmstrong

• 4 weeks later...

Hey LSP followers,

I built the I-16 and the I 153 from ICM offering while in Singaporemand they were so easy to build.  I can sent you photos on PM.  

One word of caution.  

The I-16 gear is super flimsy.   I would highly recommend the brass aftermarket offerings.  Lastly,  the fuselage to main wing fairing is a major gap to properly seal.    There are small posts that take up this gap into consideration and to be glued together.   After handling the model over time,  one of the post popped And I now have a seam issue to address after almost being finished with this build.  You’ll likely not see it but I do!  Big time bummer!  

The gear on the I-153 is totally solid in plastic.  Such an easy kit to assemble.  The wing to wing mounts are really designed well and you need no alinement rigging tool.  A solid joint is easy to obtain.  One of the easiest bi wing models to ever put together.

go forth happy and hopefully you won’t glue your fingers together!  

• 1 month later...