Cosford the hidden world of Training UPDATED

Fantastic, thanks for sharing. First time I went to Cosford was when I was fifteen with the Air Cadets, never saw anything as good as those pictured any time I've been. 

Hope those wonderful aircraft are ultimately preserved. 

And where's that KH Jag!!? 

7 hours ago, TonyT said:

Alan,

Did my Mechs at Saints,.

Ah good old Llantwitt Major. Was posted there en mass with 3 AMS VC10 majors (Abingdon/Brize Norton - Base Hangar) to 1 Sqn VC10 majors. Was only there for 9 months but it left a lasting impression on me.

As you say about 'good practices'. I remember having them shouted into us at all times and woe betide anyone who didn't comply. Everything has it's place and it's not on the floor. GSE was always tidied away to it's marked out area and panels were always placed on foam covered wood battons or shelves/racking.

Thanks guys for the kind comments, 

Alan, my service was all first line, bar the MU.

Odiham Wessex, Puma then Chinook fresh off the boat. 

Bruggen Jags 20 sqn,  14 sqn when 20 disbanded, then a month or so 431 Mu until tour ex.

Brize Norton LSS VC10.

:)

5 hours ago, TonyT said:

Thanks guys for the kind comments, 

Alan, my service was all first line, bar the MU.

Odiham Wessex, Puma then Chinook fresh off the boat. 

Bruggen Jags 20 sqn,  14 sqn when 20 disbanded, then a month or so 431 Mu until tour ex.

Brize Norton LSS VC10.

:)

Diamonds are forever!!! Ex-crusaders myself ;)

I did all four lines of maintenance. I worked on JP's, VC10 K2/3/C Mk.1K, Tornado GR1/4A and finished on Nimrods. Also did cross servicings for VASS on F-16, Mirage 2000 and some Dutch jet (looks like a Vampire a little) that i can't remember the name of. Never did anything that hovered. Quite glad really as i hate boats and disliked the camping lol.

Edited by AlanG