Exotic canopy making technique?

A fellow modeller told me he discussed some years ago with a French guy who made LSP canopies out of Plexiglas sheets. This resulted in beautiful and sufficiently strong canopies that could even be sanded and polished! His secret recipe asked for the use of a fries cooker to heat the sheet in oil before vacforming or crash molding it. Has anyone ever heard something about that technique as he told me he thought that modeller unfortunately passed away two or three years ago? 

Jeez, when I wrote "exotic", I was right! 74 views and not one reply!

Some additional searches led back to...LSP!

So, according to what Nicolas was writing, the guy indeed passed away four or five years ago. The technique is shortly described but I hoped we would be able to get some additional information. too bad!

First I heard of it is just now. 

But why futz around with boiling in hot oil?

Heat cab be applied with hot air from a hot air gun as used by women for styling hair dos. Or use the new oil less dry hot air fryer that are becoming all the rage these days as advertised on TV.

i know this technique for a long time.

one great modeler was doing in this way canopies and result was amaizing. 

plexiglass is softened in boiling oil and then it is layed on wooden master.

then pollished and it looks absolutely transparent

Hello Thierry

Yes Jean Paul usED this technic, try to search details in the "check six forum" website perharps, as far I remenber him, he was an aerotechnician, so carefull...he could have access to dedicated tools in his plant...

His models were also well known with his process on metal finish, mainly with rubn'uf

Amities!

Fab