1/24 scale needs for some items for the Airfix Hellcat kit

gunner

With the imminent release of the Airfix Hellcat in 1/24 scale,  we could use US Navy and FAA pilot figures, standing or in the cockpit. Shapeways has 2 sets of  1/24 scale US Navy WW II deck crew figures.  The second item I think would sell would be about 24 inches of the metal carrier tie down strips in Photo etch. about 6-8 strips should do the job. Bass wood strips are easy to find and the deck should be fairly easy to make. A tow tug and tow bar would be cool too.

Personally, with the motorized option in the kit ( or should I say an option to motorize it), I was more interested in a seated WWN Naval pilot..............

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/miniatures/figurines/us-navy-pilot

us-navy-pilot-3d-model-stl.jpg

us-navy-pilot-3d-model-stl.jpg

This is a bit pricey, but might be worth it, as I dont see many other options for WWII USN in 1/24th 

Jennings, I hope you continue to issue new sheets of your well-researched and flawlessly printed decals.   In 1/24 scale the Hellcat field is wide open for you.    If you plan also to issue in the other major scales, you may have to research a little deeper than previous decal producers have done.   The Hellcat has been pretty well served by aftermarket decal releases.

If I may, I'd like to suggest a Hellcat subject I've been wanting to do for years:   VF-81 from the USS Wasp on its Nov. 1944 -- March 1945.   Actions included strikes in Indo-China, Formosa, Phillippines, and the first carrier strikes on Japan in Feb. 1945.    Not a high scoring squadron in terms of air to air kills, but very much part of the action.    NO decals have been released for VF-81 Hellcats.   I've been unable to model this squadron's aircraft properly because they used funky letter style for their tail codes.   Hoping your "...stuff you haven't seen before."  might include this squadron.

If this aircraft is on your planned sheet, you made my day! .......... perhaps my month!

Now the back story for my desire to model that squadron and my suggestion for your future sheet:   My father was a young Lieutenant (j.g.) flying Hellcats in that squadron.    Long deceased now and he didn't talk about his service in the war and that squadron did not receive much photo documentation.   As a youngster, I wasn't interested in WWII history and had not appreciation for what servicemen went through and contributed.  But I'm a modeller now and have managed to track down a little information about VF-81 on the USS Wasp.    One of my great treasures is a copy of VF-81's cruise book:   Prep Charlie.  that I managed to find..... complete with a photo of my 23 year-old father in a "hero pose" in front of a F6F-5.     Chilling.

Wishing you the best success in your business.