Defiance and Devotion......Revell Hasegawa Spitfire

williamj

I was asked to repost pics of my Revell Has. Spitfire...could not find the original pictures,so we re shot some. They're not great.. but kinda in the middle of things at the moment..

This is the older kit..won't go into the differences comparing it to the new one..no point as this kit is getting hard to find. .Traded my last one to Martin.. hope he posts some WIP here.

Back to fishing..Cheers for now...Bill.

20190528_102951_zps9l2yyz6x.jpg

edited-image_zpsqljt9870.png

20190528_102435_zpszpuybtdd.jpg

20190528_102340_zpsnprd21fd.jpg

edited-image_zpslfcvk1gh.png

20190528_103354_zps3nvssobx.jpg

20190528_112733_zps6acvp9qn.jpg20190528_101658_zpshvjtlyt4.jpg20190528_102534_zpsxp69tnjp.jpg

Edited by williamj

That yellow floaty brings everything to life. :) I swear pictures 4,5,6 look almost real. Exceptional work William. And thank you for posting them. 

BTW: what picture host provider are you using. Imgur killed 80% of my collection, so I was wondering.

Cheers

Martin

I love this build William.  I recall all asking for some update photos of this build by you.  The Canadian back drop is so awesome.     

My oldest son found this kit in an old brick and mortar hobby shop in Memphis.   He gave it to me as a present for Xmas in 2018.  The box was crumbling and he paid $14.00 usd for it.  (Big time colleague spender at the time for sure).  It meant the world that he did the research on the kit and found it for me.   I have a memory and recall I saw it in this shop.  I told him where to find it from Singapore but never thought it was going anywhere.  The kit Is currently under construction in Singapore.   The shape and fit require a bit of  finesse but it just looks right in shape and form.   Back it up with a Yahu panel and some Barracuda bits, Aires c/p  it looks awesome.   I should also  mention the awesome and brilliant decals by Fundekals.   .   

5 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Love the background, looks exactly as how I'd picture southeast England to look.......:rolleyes:

Cheers,

D.B.

Best not shatter your dreams by coming here then.

Most of the old WWII airfields were built on years ago, and it feels like every spare field is being turned into housing estates now.

The countryside and villages which make this (once rural) part of England what it is are being destroyed faster than you can say "housing shortage".

But anyway, back to things more positive!

The Spitfire looks great and I agree, that pilot figure - wow!!

That's rather wonderful, and beautifully presented. :goodjob:

The RN codes were 72 Sqn, which according to Jefford was operating from Biggin Hill, Gravesend, Croydon, and various other places during the Battle of Britain period.  They also spent some time at RAF Leconfield, which is in the north.

12 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I love this build William.  I recall all asking for some update photos of this build by you.  The Canadian back drop is so awesome.     

My oldest son found this kit in an old brick and mortar hobby shop in Memphis.   He gave it to me as a present for Xmas in 2018.  The box was crumbling and he paid $14.00 usd for it.  (Big time colleague spender at the time for sure).  It meant the world that he did the research on the kit and found it for me.   I have a memory and recall I saw it in this shop.  I told him where to find it from Singapore but never thought it was going anywhere.  The kit Is currently under construction in Singapore.   The shape and fit require a bit of  finesse but it just looks right in shape and form.   Back it up with a Yahu panel and some Barracuda bits, Aires c/p  it looks awesome.   I should also  mention the awesome and brilliant decals by Fundekals.   .   

Yes we posted after you had inquired...please give us a link for your WIP Troy...we'd all love to follow along.