Tamiya 1/32 F-16 Thunderbirds kit

A340 Pilot

9 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Hey Gary.  Where’s the contest at?  I’m heading out west to Wyoming the week before and should be home Friday night. 

Here is the link Scott.   

https://scmegashow.com/

IT was a huge event last year.   I was unsure if I would vend after my Surgery, so I did not get any tables.   I contacted after the surgery as it went very well and they were sold out of vendor table......all 65 of them.   This is a huge contest as well because it is a combined AMPS and IPMS event.   They contests are run separately but with all of the models are on the tables together.   Just lots of really great work.  I am bringing my F-4G and the F-16CJ if I get thane done in time.

Back to F-16 two seaters.  It looks like I will be able to get the AFV canopies, so that solves that problem.   Start saving your money everyone,  as due to the difficulty of making these and the extensive work involved I am only going to make one run of these.  If they sell well and I can get a supply of the canopies, I may make more.  These will be a direct sale item so I can keep the price down like the old days.   

Maybe I missed it earlier, if there are aftermarket GE and PW intakes and exhausts, aren’t we still missing the lightweight gear and non-bulged doors to make an early GE or any PW version without having the T-bird boxing as a donor (or scratchbuilding)?

I thought the AFV Club canopy have that multi-colored yellowish-golden tinting to it? Didn’t some use either plain clear or shaded also option, like the one in the Academy boxing?

1 hour ago, ghatherly said:

Here is the link Scott.   

https://scmegashow.com/

Coincidently, I saw just yesterday that their website said five vendor tables were still available so I asked about getting some but heard back this morning that they’re gone and are waitlisted.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, ghatherly said:

If you like, I can send you pics of my block52 build where I used the adjustment with an Aries wheel well.

Mike is a busy guy working on real aircraft.  This is just a hobby for him so he is not easy to get in touch with.

My D conversion will be made to use the Academy canopy,  or the AFV version.  If I can get hold of the AFV canopy in quantity that is what will be included.  Hoping too that many of those wanting the set will have an Extra Academy canopy from that kit to use.  Casting in clear is a none starter in that size, and many don’t like the Vacformed ones.  

That would be help to see your progress.

And yes, combining a job like that makes things more challenging for sure. Same for me when it comes to writing and building.

Makes sense to use the Canopy of the Academy / AFV Viper. Count me in for 2 sets of the D!! And the A/B (MLU)-versions should be do-able. Good luck preparing. Hope they turn out in 2020!!

HTH Tim