MikeMaben

Windows 10 ??? ...

So my old computer kissed off, got a new HP with Windows 10.

My browser firefox is wacked. Icons aren't there, everythings different.

Anybody running firefox on Win10 ?

What am I doing wrong ??

:wacko::mental:

Posted (edited)

Before people chime in with unhelpful advice such as “should have bought a MAC”, I’ll say that I've been running Firefox with Windows 10 for as long as I’ve had my Windows 10 laptop and desktop.  Firefox user from long ago.  Never had any problem.

What do you mean by the icon isn't there?  I cant remember if it automatically installs a desktop icon or not, but you can just drag the icon from your start menu to your desktop, or to the task bar along the bottom.  As far as running it, what problems are you having?  You can try uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling the latest version from the web site, but it definitely runs with Windows 10 computers.  Also not sure how old your previous version of Firefox was, but they’ve made some tweaks to the browser GUI over time.

Edited by Dave Williams

I am running the current version of both with no issues, as I have done since W10 was released.

If you are talking about the bookmarks you line up along the top of the Firefox browser, just under where you type addresses, then maybe your settings didn't get transferred from the old to the new?

What were you using before? Makes a diff as to how its handled. Also do you mean the Firefox icon itself, or icons within Firefox.

Windows 10 is focused in thecstart menu. Click the window start menue. Then type firefox it will come up click and go

7 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Download the latest version of Forefox. But  Pro tip from me, switch to Chrome. 

Pro tip from a cyber security expert - ditch Firefox and Chrome, and use Vivaldi instead.

I'm still using XP, for now at least. While I'll be making the switch to 10 later this year, I know of none of my friends or family having any issues with it.

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Windows 10 is focused in thecstart menu. Click the window start menue. Then type firefox it will come up click and go

This.

Press the Windows button, then the third icon from the top in the left hand corner should say "All Apps" when you hover the mouse over it.

Click on that, Firefox should be there in alphabetical order.

Right click on Firefox.

Select "more", select "pin to taskbar".

The icon will then be on the taskbar going forward.

Thanks men , I guess I should have more specific. Firefox (I downloaded a fresh version so it's up to date) runs Ok,

but most pages are arranged differently than they were before (Win7).  By icons I mean linked images within pages

like avatars and such. Here's a screenshot of the page I'm typing this on.

2wo3t9Y.jpg

If you guys are using it without problems then I'll have to figure out how to fix it.

If I can't , I'll have to get used to Microsoft Edge their new browser replacing Explorer.

Things seem to look OK in there.  Thanks for the input  :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm still using XP, for now at least...

I wish I still was. All those games I used to enjoy — Chess Master, TAW F-22 etc — and much more secure.

Tony 

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

I wish I still was. All those games I used to enjoy — Chess Master, TAW F-22 etc — and much more secure.

Tony 

XP is in no way more secure than 10. Never was, and now it's gone out of support, it never will be.

1 hour ago, vince14 said:

XP is in no way more secure than 10. Never was, and now it's gone out of support, it never will be.

It most certainly was if disconnected from the internet, to use as a stand alone desktop device. 

The main thing about the XP generation, even with broadband, is that I could physically take it offline without opening it up and pulling or cutting anything.

Tony