F-102 Pennsylvania ANG

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a picture of any F-102 from the Pennsylvania ANG with a serial number lower than 56-1317 (Case X wing).

According to this website: http://www.forgottenjets.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/F-102A.html,  this includes the following planes:

F-102A-60-CO s/n 56-1136

F-102A-65-CO s/n 56-1202

F-102A-70-CO s/n 56-1249

F-102A-70-CO s/n 56-1274

F-102A-75-CO s/n 56-1309

Thank you!

I can't actually post the photo at present because Flickr has been on and off for the past couple of days, but I have one pic of F-102A 56-1099 19, 146th FIS PenANG taking off from Pittsburgh in 1974.

I can only report nothing remarkable about it - standard period SEA scheme. 

Edit: Seems to be back up again - here's the photo (not mine, btw)

47926654253_7e534b8a95_o.jpg

Edited by Chek
photo added

4 hours ago, Warbird said:

Hi Chek, thank you for this picture! I am, however, rather interested in the following scheme. Maybe only case XX planes wore it...

f-102210.jpg

That was the final scheme that the PenANG Deuces went to the boneyard in, so would be toward the end of their service in 1975.

According to the Schiffer book, out of the original 22 State ANG units that had flown F-102s, only 6 were still doing so by the mid 1970s.

I'd suspect that the remaining units such as the 146th FIS would have swapped their older jets for newer ones as they were discarded by their previous owners.

Given the Case XX wing is the modern industry standard for conical camber airfoils, it would seem likely units would be keen to update their older aircraft without it.

If you're trying to find the Monogram kit with the late wing, keep looking. I eventually had to settle for a built and broken example, but apparently the 2016 production run with the Wisconsin ANG decals was meant to have the Case X wing, but was initially issued in error with the Case XX. The error was corrected, but there will be some in circulation even if you have to look in the box to know for sure.

Thank you Chek! I'm afraid I'll have to choose another delivery as I started this build months ago and I'm almost at the painting stage.

I've already put great efforts into this kit so I'm not going to convert the wing type.

There are many other attractive schemes, I'm not too worried.

Cheers