HONG KONG MODELS 1/32 Lancaster MK III Dambuster

Robthepom

Looks like the dam busters version is about to be released. It’s on face book page. Great box art love it

i don’t know how to add link sorry

“The 76th Dambuster anniversary flight will come soon. I think that is the better timing to release our 1/32 Dambuster with item number 01E011. Here we go.”

Edited by Robthepom

Hope they supply marking for all the aircraft on the mission..

Great move to get the kit out ASAP and make use of the time before the epic Wingnut kit arrives.

At least this time the HK price will keep them in the race unlike the Dornier and Mossie where they where more expensive.

Sold...

In the US, the HK Mosquitos and Do335s were notably cheaper than their Tamiya and ZM counterparts.  If people choose the ZM and Tamiya kits over HK, it was for reasons other than price.

Edited by Dave Williams

Just now, alanash1963 said:

well wing nut wing will be about £350 i think so hkh should be less a lot less i have seen hkh lancaster for £315 on net so i hope it will be cheap enaff for people to wont one 

Alan

I'd be personally staggered if the WNW kit was anywhere near £350.

Eight years of development costs to recover and a limited production run, with WNW using the best of everything, from plastic to instructions to artwork to boxes, should see the price in the £450-£500 range.

I'm usually wrong, which is reassuring.

I've spoken to a local retailer who has already worked out what his sell price for the Wingnut Wings Lancaster will be, and it's significantly more than the current price for the HKM kit. I guess we'll only know for sure when it hits the shops.

Kev

Considering that WNW are going for the stressed skin/oil canning effect ... I'd be tempted to go HKM for the Dambuster and WNW for the standard bomber.

I very much doubt the 617 Chastise Lancs had stressed skin with the amount of flying they did.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69