Does HGW sell a rivet set that will fit the Revel FW190 F-8?

Woody V

I want to use their positive rivets on build and was hoping they offer something but all I can find is for the Hasegawa kit and an A8 but all the US online stores list them as discontinued. 

Any advice on how to proceed?

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

They claim their Fw190 set works on either Revell or Hasegawa. I don't know if they tweaked it or not: https://hgwmodels.cz/en/132-scale/934-fw-190a-8-riveting-set-132-321003.html

It does show it as available and "New Product."

I saw that, but try to find one available in the U.S. Either listed as out of stock or discontinued. I guess I'll just order directly from them.

Well, after giving HGW all my information including my DOB I wound up spending 5 minutes on the phone verifying my identity with the CC bank the transaction was completed. The stuff you have to go through for a $40 purchase. :doh:

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers

9 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

I saw that, but try to find one available in the U.S. Either listed as out of stock or discontinued. I guess I'll just order directly from them.

Well, after giving HGW all my information including my DOB I wound up spending 5 minutes on the phone verifying my identity with the CC bank the transaction was completed. The stuff you have to go through for a $40 purchase. :doh:

Yes, I haven't seen much of that in the US, either. I was about to place an order direct to HGW myself so I will see how much of an effort it is.

I see UMM-USA carries them, but doesn't have them in stock. Jadar Hobby in Poland carries them, too, but also doesn't have them in stock. Jadar Hobby is a pretty good source of products from Eastern Europe and I have had no problems ordering stuff from them.

On May 23, 2019 at 7:59 AM, Old Dog said:

Better to spend 5 minutes doing that than hours or days dealing with unauthorized charges or identity theft !

This reminded me of something.

In our 30 years in business we have NEVER received a bad check or credit card.

Says a lot about the folks in this hobby.