Jump to content
thunderbolt1988

what if we strongly encouraged WnW to tool a B-17G?

Recommended Posts

 

23 minutes ago, ninjrk said:

Frankly I'd be thrilled if they simply did a 1/48 version of their Lancaster.  

Beats me why Tamiya or another company hasn’t done a new B17/24 in 1/48. Or re- done their Lancaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

My eyes, my eyes!!  Though I'm not attracted to any of them...  

Well maybe in the right lighting after a few drinks... But not even then for the Fairey Battle I’m afraid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

 

Beats me why Tamiya or another company hasn’t done a new B17/24 in 1/48. Or re- done their Lancaster. 

Our hobby runs heavy on the irrational.  I have thought from the start that 1/32 4 engine bombers make no sense but we have seen a run of them, without any of these big planes being done in a new 1/48 tool kit.  The pool of people that can build an LSP that is worth looking is pretty small.  The pool of people that can both build something nice and have enough space for 1/32 4 engine bombers is even smaller.  People obviously buy them but I bet more than half are never started and as many as 25% are started and never finished.  So I am saying only about 25% or fewer of these big kits ever get completed and put on someone’s shelf.  Frankly I think that estimate on the high side.

 

It is a lot easier to buy than it is spend a year or two building one of these beasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Joking aside I wouldn't mind seeing some of the larger ignored planes.  B-26, Maryland, Baltimore, A-26, Dornier 217, Boston, Short Stirling, He-177, Halifax, B&V 222...  We can go crazy here all the way to the Gigant.  But honestly, I'd need to get rid of the wife and keep the house to fit more than one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, Gazzas said:

 

Not another Spitfire!  Haven’t they baked that one too many times already?

 

In that case, you know nothing; or at least nothing about Spitfires... :coolio:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

 

In that case, you know nothing; or at least nothing about Spitfires... :coolio:

 

It was all tongue in cheek, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, Gazzas said:

 

Heh... I see you're on to me.   The problem is that you guys who have been modelling for 40+ years have had your fill of the "staples".  But I've only been building since 2015 after a 30+ year hiatus.  I can't even find a previously owned 1/32 FW190 in Australia.  But I can order an old tool kit from the US that will cost me double what the seller wants.   Then there is the exchange rate. 

 

Just sayin...

 

 

 

and now trying to be helpful, have you tried Luckymodel?

 

they don't always have everything in stock but they will offer some decent prices, and shipping to you can't be more than it is to me!
 

this is all they have by way of 190s at the moment, but keep an eye out...

 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG 08069

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gazzas said:

 

It was all tongue in cheek, mate.

 

as was my response

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sort of

:m0152:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

 

Yer darn tootin! 

I assume this is some local Mancunian vernacular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

 

and now trying to be helpful, have you tried Luckymodel?

 

they don't always have everything in stock but they will offer some decent prices, and shipping to you can't be more than it is to me!
 

this is all they have by way of 190s at the moment, but keep an eye out...

 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG 08069

 

Thanks for the ref.  I hadn't tried them, or any of the Chinese or Japanese places.  But I'm really looking for A-series birds, so I may as well just wait for the new Revell bird to come out.  It's not like I don't have 60 other kits sitting around.

 

Gaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Thanks for the ref.  I hadn't tried them, or any of the Chinese or Japanese places.  But I'm really looking for A-series birds, so I may as well just wait for the new Revell bird to come out.  It's not like I don't have 60 other kits sitting around.

 

Gaz

You'd think we'd all be too busy building to contemplate new kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...