what if we strongly encouraged WnW to tool a B-17G?

Thunderbolt

23 minutes ago, ninjrk said:

Frankly I'd be thrilled if they simply did a 1/48 version of their Lancaster.  

Beats me why Tamiya or another company hasn’t done a new B17/24 in 1/48. Or re- done their Lancaster. 

59 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Beats me why Tamiya or another company hasn’t done a new B17/24 in 1/48. Or re- done their Lancaster. 

Our hobby runs heavy on the irrational.  I have thought from the start that 1/32 4 engine bombers make no sense but we have seen a run of them, without any of these big planes being done in a new 1/48 tool kit.  The pool of people that can build an LSP that is worth looking is pretty small.  The pool of people that can both build something nice and have enough space for 1/32 4 engine bombers is even smaller.  People obviously buy them but I bet more than half are never started and as many as 25% are started and never finished.  So I am saying only about 25% or fewer of these big kits ever get completed and put on someone’s shelf.  Frankly I think that estimate on the high side.

It is a lot easier to buy than it is spend a year or two building one of these beasts.

All Joking aside I wouldn't mind seeing some of the larger ignored planes.  B-26, Maryland, Baltimore, A-26, Dornier 217, Boston, Short Stirling, He-177, Halifax, B&V 222...  We can go crazy here all the way to the Gigant.  But honestly, I'd need to get rid of the wife and keep the house to fit more than one of them.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, Gazzas said:

Not another Spitfire!  Haven’t they baked that one too many times already?

In that case, you know nothing; or at least nothing about Spitfires... :coolio:

On 5/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, Gazzas said:

Heh... I see you're on to me.   The problem is that you guys who have been modelling for 40+ years have had your fill of the "staples".  But I've only been building since 2015 after a 30+ year hiatus.  I can't even find a previously owned 1/32 FW190 in Australia.  But I can order an old tool kit from the US that will cost me double what the seller wants.   Then there is the exchange rate. 

Just sayin...

and now trying to be helpful, have you tried Luckymodel?

they don't always have everything in stock but they will offer some decent prices, and shipping to you can't be more than it is to me!

this is all they have by way of 190s at the moment, but keep an eye out...

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG 08069

5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

and now trying to be helpful, have you tried Luckymodel?

they don't always have everything in stock but they will offer some decent prices, and shipping to you can't be more than it is to me!

this is all they have by way of 190s at the moment, but keep an eye out...

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HSG 08069

Thanks for the ref.  I hadn't tried them, or any of the Chinese or Japanese places.  But I'm really looking for A-series birds, so I may as well just wait for the new Revell bird to come out.  It's not like I don't have 60 other kits sitting around.

Gaz

33 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Thanks for the ref.  I hadn't tried them, or any of the Chinese or Japanese places.  But I'm really looking for A-series birds, so I may as well just wait for the new Revell bird to come out.  It's not like I don't have 60 other kits sitting around.

Gaz

You'd think we'd all be too busy building to contemplate new kits.

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

You'd think we'd all be too busy building to contemplate new kits.

I'm still trying to stick to one completion a month.  Not always successful, though.