what if we strongly encouraged WnW to tool a B-17G?

Thunderbolt

I know you don't like the nose, and I know it would be very nice to have a real = stressed skin  surface on a WWII heavy, but there exist two B-17 models that are more buildable than the B-24 models and B-25's are also available. If we were after another big one, I would give more chance for a B-26, but not from WNW. I know that there may be a printed B-26, but there were a lot of them made and an injection kit might do as well as the other big US bombers.

Given where he is from and what we have seen from his company so far, Sir Peter may be motivated to produce something British and wonderful from WWII, but it may have to be compelling to get his interest away from the WWI subjects. I don't know what's on his mind, I just enjoy what his group has made and hope for more. He has made my hobby very interesting.

Tnarg

it would be a massive waste of resource when they could do something else that no-one as already done

not saying it wouldn't be stunning, but...

my "out there" WNW subject would be a Short Sunderland

since I find myself meandering off topic, my Axis "biggie" would be a He177, but that's more Hong Kong Models territory I reckon.

happy dreaming everybody!

43 minutes ago, Radub said:

What if we went to Burger Shack and asked them to do pizzas? Can you imagine the base, the toppings, the sauce? What? Other companies make pizzas? Maybe, but I want Burger Shack to do it. :-)

Radu

Brilliant!

4 hours ago, Radub said:

What if we went to Burger Shack and asked them to do pizzas? Can you imagine the base, the toppings, the sauce? What? Other companies make pizzas? Maybe, but I want Burger Shack to do it. :-)

Radu

Burger shack has already made a pizza. Toppings: RAF roundels, four engines, and dam-busting bombs...

Edited by thunderbolt1988

2 hours ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

Burger shack has already made a pizza. Toppings: RAF roundels, four engines, and dam-busting bombs...

Not at all! They just baked a cake to celebrate that the Boss was involved in a cake-baking show. That does not mean thay they are now in the cake-baking business. :-) 

Radu