Intruder Cockpit in 32nd

Mark P

Anyone ever release an accurate resin cockpit for the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale A-6A Intruder? I got the seats (Thanks Harold!), but what about the rest of the cockpit? One would think that it would be a natural for the aftermarket companies given the size and openness of that position .

Mark Proulx

As far as I know the only resin cockpit for the A-6a is from Avonix. It ok, in my opinion it does add detail to the model, but possibly not as much as the cost suggests. There is also the Eduard photo etch set. 

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

Nice price but "Kein Versand nach Großbritannien" 

Is our postal system disreputable, traders in the UK wanting to screw us by agreement, or is this a Eurovision Song contest thing? 

Less concerned about some of the cockpit geometry: the Avionix does have all those chunky switches found on the real thing.

Tony 

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Take care as the quite expensive Avionix set adds small details to the kit pit but does not correct any dimension issue! 

HI - do you have more information on the dimension issues - I seemed to have missed this bit of info :-)

On 5/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, blackbetty said:

that would be me:

Karl, great work that you did on the cockpit. And I am very glad to have come across your A-6 WIP, that will be very useful when I do mine.

The Avionix pit just doesn't seem worth it to me, there is a bit more depth to detail here and there but you could also just do that with a little bit of plastic rod.