making clear parts clear

Hello I am about to start the SWS 1/32 horten 229 and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how I could make the clear parts somewhat clearer as they are fuzzy and I would like to see the inner working of this kit any thoughts would be most appreciated.

the clear parts are described as having a satin finish you can see through them a bit but they need to be somewhat clearer if I dip them in future what is it  and how do I go about it  not very good at this sort of thing just learning as I go a long your thoughts gratefully recieved

Have a look in the Tips and techniques section Mark, there's been a recent thread about a product which makes canopies crystal clear. It's not available it seems in Europe but if you're in the US you could try it.

Edited by mozart

I guess you are talking about the frosted clear parts for the wings etc that they supply. Personally I think you will struggle to get them properly clear due to the way they are moulded?

Regards. Andy 

yes Andy I do mean those frosted clear parts they supply I don,t want them crystal clear just enough to see the internal structure otherwise what is the point of them being in the kit if this cannot be done maybe I could cover them with some woodgrain decals I have seen if not to difficult otherwise its paint or leave off all together as usual any thoughts  mark.

The 'frosted' plastic in the ZM kits with clear airframe parts is a major disappointment. I can not fathom why they would go to all the trouble of creating the parts in clear, and then texture the plastic so that the clear parts re useless. To avoid confusion for those that don't have any ZM kits, the canopy parts are crystal clear, but not the airframe parts in those kits that include them (Ho 229, Do 335, Ki-45, etc.).

The only way to deal with their pebbled surface is to sand the texture off and then polish it out smooth. There are a million methods for doing that, so you might want to check them out with a Google search and choose one that fits your modeling style. 

HTH,

D

Personally I dont like clear parts at all, but I agree with not liking the pebbled frosted texture.    It seems like a LOT of work to polish out the whole thing............

However,

I have seen some really nice builds of ZM stuff utilizing the clear parts, but with only sanding and polishing out a section of it, like a cutout only using the clear plastic, then painting around it as normal.   Looked pretty cool.