1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

Finally after years of wanting to know information about my friend Joe Pascetti's bird he crewed down in Mogadishu-Super 63, I have been able to befriend many crew chiefs and pilots who were there and was given many pics of OGS and their MH-60L's.

Here's what I'm modeling:

received_10211079949415145_zps89qurjei.j

So tonight I finally started building it. First I had to correct the instrument panel and center console to represent close to what they looked like on the real MH-60L. The caution/advisory panel is located on the bottom left of the console on the real thing.

KH's panel, though very nice, represents a later year panel and has the CA on the instrument panel itself.  So I took and cut down and sanded the Academy part and shaved off the detail on the console and glued it in place.  

Next i shaved off the detail on the KH IP and replaced it with some PE detail parts from Airscale

20190429_022712_zpsylkpqgjk.jpg

Next came a little more work on the console.  I added the parking brake handle and the chaff dispenser. Just waiting on some Archer rivets to make a  circuit breaker panel and I'll be done.

20190517_021134_zpswgduz7oz.jpg

20190517_021114_zpsydtitwgc.jpg

That's all for now.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...