Marcel111

F-16C Splinter Aggressor, 18th Aggressor Squadron - More pics

Lovely photographs Marcel!

Are you using a new camera, or have you changed how you take the photo's? Would be keen to know some pointers including f-stop etc...

Sean

23 hours ago, Madmax said:

Lovely photographs Marcel!

Are you using a new camera, or have you changed how you take the photo's? Would be keen to know some pointers including f-stop etc...

Sean

Thx Sean! Good lighting is key to good photography and I presently don't have a good facility to take pics inside. The pics above were taken outside on a cloudy day just as the sun was setting, so perfect diffuse light. I wasn't able to take outside pics when I finished the F-16C since it was winter then, at lower temperatures there is a very high risk of the photoetch parts jumping off the model.

Thanks to Chuck's nudging I have now started playing around with a good photography package, my notebook has a free version of Photodirector 8 installed. The effects of some of the functions are really remarkable, the crispness that you see in the above pics is attained with Photodirector. 

I use a Nikon D3200 set to Aperture priority mode (another useful suggestion from Chuck), obviously on a tripod. Nothing more special than that.

Cheers,

Marcel

Wow Marcel, these both turned out wonderfully, but the Alaska aggressor is really nice. Ive got a Zacto intake, cockpit and the Monokio decals for the two seat F-16D red 75 to do myself. If it turns out half as well as yours Ill be a happy man! 

On 23 May 2019 at 12:57 AM, Squizzy said:

Amazing work Marcel, the faded look on the navy f-16 is just amazing, and the Splinter camo looks awesome. I've got that decal sheet, and I think that it is the best aggressor scheme currently available. But the two examples that you've done are some of the best models I've seen. 

I see the aggressor squadron has just done a flanker digital scheme on a viper, hopefully someone will create the decals for that and you have a go at it. 

Thanks! Must say I will be taking a long break from F-16's after my current F-16D. But those digital schmes are interesting, maybe I will do this some time :-) https://images.app.goo.gl/xZfjW9dCouZaQxZu5

Cheers,

Marcel