Mi-24 in Angola

Madmax

What a wonderful build and history lesson.   Congrats.   Look forward to your C-130 build & story.  :)

BTW, interesting note about the Soviets flying at night.  Always thought that wasn’t their strong point.   Were they using NVG’s?    

Hi Sean

Stunning conclusion to this build. The great weathering and the history with period photos elevate this build to just a new level.  :clap2::clap2::clap2:

BTW why don't you do a Mi 17 as well? I know someone where you can get one for a good price.:rofl:

Nick

Hi David

20 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

Congratulations, you can be very proud of this one and thank you for the history lesson, it made the WIP that much more enjoyable. Is there any other airframes used in that conflict that you could model in 1/32?

Cheers,

David

• Just off the top of my head in 1/32 there is the Mig 21, Mig 23, Mirage IIICZ(Eric did a brilliant build of one here on LSP), Mirage IIIRZ, Mirage IIIR2Z  and the Matchbox/Revell Puma. I read Uncle Les was going to do an Impale after the Aermacchi 326G. Hopefully someone can update us on this one. Then maybe a resin Buccaneer in the future.

In 1/35 there is the Mi 24 and Mi 18.  

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11
spelling

1 hour ago, Gerhard said:

Is  there even a Puma out there?

Yep as Cheeta11 said above, the 1/32 Matchbox Puma kit re-released a number of times by Revell ,I am sure that a birdy whispered in my ear not so long ago that Madmax had recently "Acquired" one.

Also there is the SAAF 1/35 Super Frelon and 1/32 T-6G Texan used by Portuguese in Angola....Same fellas used F-84 in Angola as well

1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

Hi David

Just off the top of my head in 1/32 there is the Mig 21, Mig 23, Mirage IIICZ(Eric did a brilliant build of one here on LSP), Mirage IIIRZ, Mirage IIIR2Z  and the Matchbox/Revell Puma. I read Uncle Des was going to do an Impale after the Aermacchi 326G. Hopefully someone can update us on this one. Then maybe a resin Buccaneer in the future.

In 1/35 there is the Mi 24 and Mi 18.  

Nick

Hi Nick, the Mb-326/Impala has gone very quiet...I would kill for a decent kit in 1/32, single and two seater, we really need a Mirage F1

You can add 1/32 Mig-17 (Angolan) to the Angolan war list and SAAF Mirage IIIEZ, two were used for one week in ops in Angola in 1978 or 79, along with 2 D2Zs they flew 77 sorties in those 7 days and generally flew 1x Mirage EZ paired with a Mirage D2Z, most sorties were ground attack using rockets and bombs but they did fly a few combat air patrols too. As far as I can find this was the only ops deployment for SAAF Mirage IIIEZ

So come on MADMAX....no pressure :P

Edited by gregair
Spelling mistake