Trumpeter Jaguar

viper

6 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

probably the old pics from a few years ago.. came to nothing...

oh yeah, when Song was with Trumpeter, and we all thought they had a whole series in the pipe?

All that business now seems over at KHM. 

That and the Buccaneer were prototyped by Song for Trumpeter maybe ten years ago. He now works with Kitty Hawk and they've been promising a 1/32 Jaguar for five years. 

Unfortunately, I believe it's gone to indefinite standby along with the Thunderstreak and Thunderflash.

At least paraffin heads have the Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C coming around September, and the Italeri Tornado at some point.

And Trumpeter have delivered the four MiG-29s, so maybe next year's catalogue will offer us something new (apart from the perennial F-100F).

Wish list alert: personally, I'd like to see a 1/32 Su-9U, -11 and -15TM, MiG-21PF or -23UB, F-106 or a SAAB jet. Something unexpected like those. Or Buccaneer or SEPECAT Jaguar.

Tony 

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yep, those certainly do look like Songs original pics, I remember the dark background.

Oh yes!

Didn't we also see a Bucc and a mega-detailed Tempest as well?

Certainly got a lot of attention at the time and turned into another excellent "me want" saga.

:lol:

As that quote from Close Encounters goes... ""Ah seen Bigfoot once, made a sound Ah wouldn't wont ta hea twiced".

Unfortunately for us, the Jaguar has achieved that sort of status.... up there with UFOs and a Trumpeter TBD or a Special Hobby Hansa Brandenburg C.1. If it is real, it could be very nice, but then so would a magnetic monopole or actual free energy.

Tnarg