Lt.Col. Maxwells BUSTER - FINISHED

blackbetty

just the fit of the stripes could be a problem. i made them one piece, but that didnt work, so i have to print more

also the red on yellow are twopart (yellow cut out of yellow paper, red printed on clear) - but i think it works....

Edited by blackbetty

these are modelmaster and gunze metallizers applied with a stiff brush over darker and lighter base. it gives worn look and the decal film disappears completely. sometimes i use some flat clear on certain panels too

Edited by blackbetty

3 minutes ago, blackbetty said:

these are modelmaster and gunze metallizers applied with a stiff brush over darker and lighter base. it gives worn look and the decal film disappears completely. sometimes i use some flat clear on certain panels too

I've never actually used any Gunse metalizers, might have to give them a try. Ive used MM before with very limited success, as I found the MM stuff didnt seem to be super durable after application. I found this especially true with their metalizer clear coat. 

I’ve been following your build, but only just joined LSP, sorry to bombard you with all the ‘likes’ at one time.

I have the Kinetic version with the AMS short cockpit set and the same CMK set. Your build is providing me with lots of tips and I’m glad that joining the front and rear fuselage parts first works as that’s what I was planning to do.

More comments and likes soon.

John

Hello again,

I’m building an Academy 1/48 Sabre  at the moment and discovered ( by accident ) that the instrument panel can be inserted from above after the fuselage halves have been joined. I see that you are doing the same, did you have to make any adjustments to anything to be able to do it?

John

• 3 weeks later...