1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk.IXc?

AlanG

Just a quick question to you guys out there. What do you all make of this kit? Is it a decent kit to get and make? I'm torn between getting this one or the Revell P-51 kit.

I loved it!

Google the pictures. It's the correct shape, if you're not put off by the rivets - it's a personal choice, and for me, it's not an issue - buy one.

Somebody on here will buy it from you if you don't like it.  I would, but I already have four.

Having said that, the Mustang is also a great kit!

I think it's the best value, most affordable, most accurate-for-the-money Mk.IX Spitfire on the market.

Plus Eduard offer all sorts of AM for it, so you could really go to town on it, or just build it OOB.

I love that from a kit.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

If you look on ebay the Pacific Coast Spitfire IX model is available quite often, generally goes for about £40 including postage, I've paid less, comes with resin, and etch parts, a much better deal, much better surface detail.

I haven't seen a PCM kit of anything 1/32 go for less than around £70 on EBay recently?

I don't know the P-51 but the revell Spit is a very good bargain.

Surely it's not Tamyia's but it is much much cheaper and very good quality for the price (I don't care about the rivets).

The only thing I'd recommend is to use aftermarket exhaust pipes but that's it.