Shizuoka LSP Announcements - New WNW, any others?

seiran01

5 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

The Gnome powered Pup is the one with the cowl that is open at the bottom like the early Nieuports, right?

Yes - check out James Fahey's review of Brian Fawcett's resin pup gnome cowl here on LSP - it's a beautiful item, looks like I won't be needing the two in my stash LOL

2 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Yes - check out James Fahey's review of Brian Fawcett's resin pup gnome cowl here on LSP - it's a beautiful item, looks like I won't be needing the two in my stash LOL

Yes.  I held off buying this little detail, although I did get one on Ebay when I bought a Pup some time ago that contained the cowl with it.  I guess I always believed, rightly as it turned out, that WNW would eventually do this version of the Pup.

BTW, the one thing Brian Fawcett did that I believe was really nice and necessary was the Se.5a replacement tail and rudder that has the rib tape on it that WNW left off for some unknown reason.

14 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Doyusha Zero is a re-release of the old motorized kit. 

Yep, I have the old Tomy kit which has nice engraved surfaces.

It was motorized so unless they have a new cockpit you'll need

an AM cockpit. There's a pilot head and shoulders but that's it.

17 hours ago, rafju said:

https://hlj.com/1-32-scale-mitsubishi-a6m2-zero-type-21-dys40247

and what is said here https://hlj.com/shizuoka-hobby-show-2019-report?utm_source=HobbyLink+Japan+Newsletter&utm_campaign=09283e34a0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_05_09_08_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_baa74bea0a-09283e34a0-225539805&mc_cid=09283e34a0&mc_eid=c8709431f3

"First up is a model for all you big-scale aircraft fans out there, a 1/32nd scale Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21, which comes in three versions to choose from. And for the more advanced modelers, they brought out a new engraving tool so you can bring out the most detail in your project."

You can buy - separately - an engraving tool for the Zero kit?! There are so many Zero's out there, and this one costs £35 before VAT.

Who on earth would buy one?

These look interesting:

20190509_110610176.jpg

Could be a concept that works well in 1/32?

Quite shocked at the number of plastic models of armed young women in short dresses. Definitely a Japanese thing.

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

You can buy - separately - an engraving tool for the Zero kit?! There are so many Zero's out there, and this one costs £35 before VAT.

These look interesting:

20190509_110610176.jpg

Could be a concept that works well in 1/32?

Quite shocked at the number of plastic models of armed young women in short dresses. Definitely a Japanese thing.

Oooooo which anime is that one?

Rog :)

22 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

No idea, but I'm guessing the pilots are all very young women, with very short skirts and ponytails.

That's not fair! ... the hairstyles always vary! :D

*** Edit ... found it ... It's Macross Delta!!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69
New info

4 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I don’t think the engraving tool has anything to do with the Zero kit.  I think it’s just the announcement of an unrelated new product, but HLJ’s wording and positioning of the sentence immediately after the sentence about the Zero kit makes it looks like it’s related, when it actually isn’t.

13 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

The full "VF-31" from Macross Delta looks like something the Russians would have made to complete with the Su-57 for production

31-a.png

:wub::wub::wub:

The box art for the new Pup release is right there in that photo...

EDIT: my bad, misread the posts on my phone and thought the picture in Vince’s reply was part of the question 

It looks like the only aircraft kit Tamiya is showing at the show is the 1/72 Bf-109G6.

Seems like a down show this year all around, but I will still anxiously wait for HLJ to publish their show report videos, which I always enjoy.