HobbyBoss B-24 Liberator

I've always said self commendation is no recommendation.

I'm happy to laugh and joke when at shows about my our stuff but there are much better modellers out there.

It took years before I started entering competitions with my models, but these days I generally walk away with at least one 1st, but I still don't rate my stuff that high especially when I see some of the works of people on here for example.

Yes I'm very happy with the outcome of this kit, Initially I wasn't going to share it outside of my own space but as more and more people have seen it they've either shared it or told me to share it in other places so I have.

Yesterday I got contacted by the Australian disty for HobbyBoss who want to use my photos, so the ball would appear to still be rolling on this   :)

5 hours ago, RAF Liberators said:

Yes I'm very happy with the outcome of this kit, Initially I wasn't going to share it outside of my own space but as more and more people have seen it they've either shared it or told me to share it in other places so I have.

Yesterday I got contacted by the Australian disty for HobbyBoss who want to use my photos, so the ball would appear to still be rolling on this   :)

Glad you did, it shows what can be done with this kit.  Great finish (even if it isn't a Mighty 8th bird ;) ) and an impressive model.  :goodjob:

And I don't blame your distributor, it's a fine advert for the kit, now make sure you get a good deal from them.

This entry piqued my interest, and do you know what?...

...I thought 'ooh look, a Liberator'!

Very nice, so much opinion has been posted here about this kit with very little experience of its reality. I have a D on preorder and started to question the virtue of this, so thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I guess others hold a more purist view of this aircraft, but I agree with your take, it's about the art rather than the detail.

I'm a Brit, so I'm probably a bit more relaxed about this plane than our chums across the pond. If it were a new large scale Halifax I would likely be getting a bit more anal about it.

Respect to all opinions.:bow:

That's a beautiful build - love it!

I think these kits are an absolute bargain - and your build illustrates just how good they can look...

Iain

My Lib has landed a few days ago and I'm still trying to get my head around the SIZE of the thing!

Good job on the build Gary.. it looks amazing!

I agree with most comments - the finish makes it!

Love heavy metal ... I mean,  heavy plastic subjects

Pip

Edited by Piprm

That is lovely. I know nothing about the aircraft or kit but a refreshing OOB build is a good thing. I’ve seen these on eBay now at around £99 and value for money that puts it in the Revell Hawk & Hunter league for me. 

Steve.

• 3 years later...