HobbyBoss B-24 Liberator

6 hours ago, RAF Liberators said:

I'm a coward when it comes to sharing my stuff, I model mostly for the art ,accuracy plays 2nd place and I see too many trolls on the various forums who will spend more time belittling a kit for it's shortcomings than they do actually building it, this puts me off posting outside of my comfort zone. I have people tell me my stuff is good but to be honest I still lack confidence, this is my 1st push and you'll probably see it posted over Facebook a lot. At least I've got my 5 minutes of fame, it's all downhill from here  :)

I've posted the build log on Facebook and a couple forums, someone said I should post over here as well. So I went to what I thought was LSP only to realise after I'd post that I'd posted on the other Large Scale site, I'm member of both and Chrome just logged me in, so if you see the same post over there it's not because I'm a posting whore lol

Your “stuff” IS good and this model is excellent in every way.  Really, really interesting and well executed presentation of a kit not often seen.  No trolls here, so you really should post your build steps here in the future.  As you share your work, you will often receive tips from others to help you grow as a modeller.

Cheers,

Chuck

Well done, Gary.  This is the first of these that I've actually seen completed and I'm super impressed.  I'm really glad to hear that it was a solid build too.  I'm slogging through the 1/32 B-17E right now, so it may be a while before I try my hand at another big project, but this certainly helps sell me on the idea.  :)

Thanks folks, didn't expect such a warm welcome so yeah I'll definitely be posting more stuff here.

I've got the HK B-17 and the B-25 on the rack of shame so I feel your pain Gewehr

The ball turret isn't positional but with a bit of modification it can be, I replaced the rather thin rod that holds it with a brass insert, then used a piece of brass tubing to sleeve it so its got a friction fit, it will drop out if I'm not careful lol

Not sure what to build next, I've got the HK Lanc, 3 more HK B-25's and a shite load of other stuff if you've registered on Scalemates you should be able to see what I've got here  https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=10901&p=stash 

Thanks again

Gary

1 hour ago, RAF Liberators said:

The ball turret isn't positional but with a bit of modification it can be, I replaced the rather thin rod that holds it with a brass insert, then used a piece of brass tubing to sleeve it so its got a friction fit, it will drop out if I'm not careful lol

Nice!  Great execution on that one. Right up my alley.

Thanks folks, didn't expect such a warm welcome so yeah I'll definitely be posting more stuff here.

Great news!  You will fit RIGHT in here. We have an extremely diverse worldly membership from ALL over the globe, and the one commonality is large scale model aircraft, and yours in a heck of an entrance!  

Not sure what to build next, I've got the HK Lanc, 3 more HK B-25's and a shite load of other stuff if you've registered on Scalemates you should be able to see what I've got here  https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=10901&p=stash 

All good.................I just got done with the HKM Do-335 and it was a really nice fitting kit.  I build the HKM B-25 too, and it was gem of a kit as well. Sounds like you have a worlds oyster filled with possibilities for your next model. 

Id love to see what you do with that Tamiya Mossie!

Cheers, 

Without a doubt this is a nicely built model. Nicely finished,subtly weathered with great decal work!

I'm absolutely NOT a rivet counter,as all of my models would show  .However If I  could afford this kit I would somehow have to do something

about the wings.