P-51 Zero Length 5 inch Rails

Grizly

The subject I am modelling with my Tamiya P-51D carried underwing 5 inch rockets and there lies my problem - where to find the zero length rails. I purchased the Isradecal rails but, unfortunately, they are of a different pattern from those normally installed on the Mustang (see below for the required type). Anybody out there have a suggestion as to where I might find six sets of rails (don't need the rockets)?

iqfA5Fl.jpg

You can also order the applicable sprues for the Tamiya F4U-1D kit.     Those are probably the best looking HVAR’s out there. 

On that that drawing above, which Mustang version carried 10 HVAR’s?   

28 minutes ago, Grizly said:

While I can't give an example of a Mustang loaded out with 10 HVARs, my particular interest is an RCAF 402 Squadron aircraft which had six mounts.

While we're on the subject of later Mustangs (sort of...), note that on your 402 Squadron Mustang that the usual tail light on the trailing edge of the rudder is gone, replaced by a small light on either side of the vertical stab, just behind the "3" in the serial number.

Edited by R Palimaka

Once again, I learned something new. Thanx Richard. As an aside, it is not my intention to model aircraft  273 pictured above which has the vented panel aft of the wing. Instead, I'll pick an aircraft that didn't have the vents such as 297.