Miniart 1/35 Focke-Wulf Triebflugel interceptor - Nachtjager version announced

Jan_G

Triebflugel just landed at my place. Looks like a top-notch kit and a very easy build. With the ramjets molded onto the wing halves there will probably be a bit of a seam to deal with on the inside of them, but aside from that it should be a piece of cake. Quick build!!!

On 5/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, wunwinglow said:

... except the scales wouldn't match. 35th, the STUPIDEST scale ever invented.... 

I agree it's a daft scale.

But as an essentially concept aircraft, that never flew or even had a full scale mockup - who would even know, or notice, that it was 10% too small?!

15 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I agree it's a daft scale.

But as an essentially concept aircraft, that never flew or even had a full scale mockup - who would even know, or notice, that it was 10% too small?!

I would know!! Deep down, in my heart, whatever smiling platitudes and excuses I might make, whatever cover ups, and cunning ruses to force the perspective, use dinky little crew figures, paint it in pale colours to make it look farther away,

I    WOULD KNOW IT WAS..............        WRONG  !!!!!!!

And anyway, I wouldn't have it in the house because I only collect RAF and FAA types.

2 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

I would know!! Deep down, in my heart, whatever smiling platitudes and excuses I might make, whatever cover ups, and cunning ruses to force the perspective, use dinky little crew figures, paint it in pale colours to make it look farther away,

I    WOULD KNOW IT WAS..............        WRONG  !!!!!!!

And anyway, I wouldn't have it in the house because I only collect RAF and FAA types.

Lots of brown & green, and grey model aeroplanes in your house?

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Lots of brown & green, and grey model aeroplanes in your house?

Oh yes. And red, and slate grey, and high speed silver, and dayglo orange, and Golden Yellow, and light aircraft grey, and black, and desert sand, and pru blue, and clear doped linen, and PC10, and white, and bare wood, and battleship grey, and....... 

Your point is? 

Jeeeez, come on, it's all about historical aircraft development, and indeed it didn't come to reality, but it was a representation of what could have been, so either 32 or 35 scale in this case,  isn't any problem for me, i'm expecting the kit next week, and ofcourse it's underscaled in respect to the vacform Pogo i have but it should be nice to have it next to each other (when finished, doooh)

Edited by Jack

26 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

Oh yes. And red, and slate grey, and high speed silver, and dayglo orange, and Golden Yellow, and light aircraft grey, and black, and desert sand, and pru blue, and clear doped linen, and PC10, and white, and bare wood, and battleship grey, and....... 

Your point is? 

My point is that it was a joke about the uniformity of British WWI & WWII active warplane camo schemes, which are generally accepted by many modellers to be rather limited compared to German schemes in particular.

Why do people get so uppity about humour?

The ability to accept a joke without looking for some hidden, nefarious meaning seems to be growing, whilst the ability to laugh at oneself seems to be receding.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:23 PM, Bob MDC said:

1/35 makes sence for this type of aircraft, since V1 and V2 plus all supporting vehicles, cranes and railway stuff all 1/35
a diorama with the fuselage cranned of a railway wagon !!

Bob

1:35 never made any sense whatsoever, from the exact moment the decision was made to use it, rather than 1:32. Everything in 1:35 since that moment, everything, has been rediculous!! I agree, there is a staggering amount of amazing products in 1:35, but they are still rediculous. 

In my humble, very very humble, opinion.....  Rediculous. 

6 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

My point is that it was a joke about the uniformity of British WWI & WWII active warplane camo schemes, which are generally accepted by many modellers to be rather limited compared to German schemes in particular.

Why do people get so uppity about humour?

The ability to accept a joke without looking for some hidden, nefarious meaning seems to be growing, whilst the ability to laugh at oneself seems to be receding.

... and my point is, the contention that Brit subjects are boring colourwise, is boringly wrong. I get bored hearing it. Very bored indeed.... 

Guys...........get real and except that both your ideas/intentions/"realities" are valid at the same time: it's just the impression of kits that used to be active (or almost...)  at a certain place in time and now we are presented with a opportunity to have them visualized in kit form.......RIGHT???

15 hours ago, EvilCarrot said:

So, anyone still interested in talking about how awesome it is that we're getting a large scale Triebflügel? :thumbsup: Anyone have the kit yet? They seem to be available already. 

DOMINO.........