Miniart 1/35 Focke-Wulf Triebflugel interceptor - Nachtjager version announced

Jan_G

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I sincerely wish Tamiya would have just started off with the obvious; make their armor scale stuff 1/32nd, and not that other scale. It would have solved every single issue ever discussed about the problems between the scales really. Obviously just barking at the moon here, but the benefits of it would have been enormous, and the drawbacks of 1/35th having never existed at all, would be completely moot. 

I agree. I read Mr. Tamiya's book where they discuss the origins of the scale, and it did not make any sense. He claims 1/35th scale was the perfect size to fit a motor into their first AFV kit, the Panther. But why would they do that, when the Panther was one of the larger tanks of WWII? They had to know if it was popular they would be kitting other WWII tanks. They could certainly have used the larger size since their original PzIV kit lower hull ended up being too wide in scale to make the motor fit. Also, they were really big about keeping to a set scale because they knew modelers liked having their models in the same scale, and Airfix and Monogram were already doing AFV's in 1/32nd. I seriously believe there was a math error, they intended to make them 1/32nd, but ended up with 1/35th and made the decision to stick with it rather than admit it.

screw 1/35 to 1/32: i'm gonna buy that "triebflügel" for sure, that concept is one hella of a fancy aircraft, either being it a helo or a "fixed wing" aircraft, it should be a fantastic model to display..........

All scales are weird. The numbers are all derived from "imperial" measurements. Imagine if models had a stronger "Napoleonic" metric influence! There would be scale 1/33 (100 divided by 3) instead of 1/32,  1/50 (100 divided by 2) instead of 1/48 and 1/75 (3/4 of 100) instead of 1/72 and so on. 

But you want to talk about weird scales? How about scale 1/43 for cars? What is that about?

Radu

1 hour ago, Radub said:

Imagine if models had a stronger "Napoleonic" metric influence! There would be scale 1/33 (100 divided by 3) instead of 1/32,  1/50 (100 divided by 2) instead of 1/48 and 1/75 (3/4 of 100) instead of 1/72 and so on.

No need to "imagine" any of that. 1/33 is the most popular scale for paper-card aircraft models, mainly out of Eastern Europe. Tamiya tried all of those other goofy scales for plastic aircraft models. Tamiya even reboxed some of those kits later with a more accepted scale printed on the box. Some of those kits are still in production, too. Just take a look at their supposedly "1/48" A6M2, Rufe, Pete, and so on: they're 1/50 scale. Hasegawa did the 1/75 scale aircraft kits way back then, too, but never dishonestly reboxed them as 1/72 (as far as I know).

And yes, modelers know better - especially when they go to display those wacky scale models next to standard scale models. 

D

This hits the spot for me big time, i'n not bothered about the fact its 1/35 as i don't limit myself to a scale if the subject matter appeals to me.

Only minus point for me is that it doesn't appear to come with "Hydra" decals as an option but that's easily resolved.

Put me done for two at least.

3 hours ago, Sage the Owl said:

Only minus point for me is that it doesn't appear to come with "Hydra" decals as an option but that's easily resolved.

Put me done for two at least.

My 1/32nd Trib came with the Hydra decals. If you get one of the 35th Tribs, PM and they are all yours.

This whole thread belongs on the SiFy and fantasy models forum :-) Luft 46?? Had the Normandy beachead been thrown back etc then Oppenhimers gadget would have put paid to Germany in August 45.

Have fun modeling, diversify into other genres sify, tanks, ships that's why this is a great hobby but please don't refer to this as a scale model aircraft because it's not, it's science FICTION whatever it's purported scale is

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

One day I will finish what I started......................I just have to rip out the entire "O" scale drive system I designed and re-do everything in "N" scale (hence why I have not restarted yet).

Action starts at 1:20 so you don't have to sit through me yammering on:

That is really cool. I would love to see plans or even buy a kit to motorize a Triebflugel. 

15 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

35th? Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!!

Aaaa-hem. 

I feel better now.....

Now, now that is a bit negative Tim!     Unfortunately the truth hurts sometimes. :lol:     I cant help feeling the same. I know its work to put in "dislike" for something, and in the end it doesn't really do any good but just like love,  with dislike you cant really  choose how you feel. 

I think there is no problem with torque as long  as the rotor is a tip driven jet. I seem to remember tail rotor requirements  comes with fuse mounted engine and gearbox. More info? Thanks, Mike K

Edited by hanna
Form

46 minutes ago, hanna said:

I think there is no problem with torque as long  as the rotor is a tip driven jet. I seem to remember tail rotor requirements  comes with fuse mounted engine and gearbox. More info? Thanks, Mike K

There isn’t torque, but there is going to be some friction from the rotating ring that the blades are attached to against the stationary fuselage. Although they may have been able to counteract that with control surfaces on the tail interacting with the rotor downwash.