Miniart 1/35 Focke-Wulf Triebflugel interceptor - Nachtjager version announced

Jan_G

1 hour ago, Redcap1960 said:

Oh please, get a life. It wasn’t too long in the dim and distant past that 1/32 nearly went the way of the dinosaur. No chance of that occurring in 1/35. Does it really matter if they produce it it 1/35 rather than 1/32? Just enjoy the fact that something unusual is produced. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. 

The dont like it dont buy it adage is true, but the discussion is here and just like you have the right to have your opinion on it, others like myself also have the right to think of it as utterly ridiculous.

It's only one modelers opinion either way, we would just prefer them (opinions) shared without calling out other members for having theirs.

5 hours ago, Redcap1960 said:

Does it really matter if they produce it it 1/35 rather than 1/32? Just enjoy the fact that something unusual is produced. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. 

Actually, yes it does matter, and due to it being 1/35 scale I won’t be buying it.

4 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Given how many kits of figures, vehicles and field equipment exist in 1/35th, this makes a lot os sense. Great potential for dioramas, and I hope to see some soon.

I have been to many shows around Australia and New Zealand over the last 8 years and am yet to see anyone combining vehicles, field equipment and aircraft into one diorama. I think that the market avenue for the people that would want to do that is pretty slim. (The same goes for all the 1/35 helicopters currently available) On the other hand, and not withstanding that the subject is Luft ‘46 or whatever it is, I reckon there would be significantly more aircraft modellers who may be interested in this aircraft that won’t touch it due to it not being in the same scale as the rest of their collection. 

9 hours ago, ericg said:

................ I reckon there would be significantly more aircraft modellers who may be interested in this aircraft that won’t touch it due to it not being in the same scale as the rest of their collection. 

Yyyyyyyyyyyyep!    I think if they want to sell this in any kind of quantity at all, they made a big boo-boo with the scale. There are a lot of aircraft people who hate that scale and refuse to give it any more impetus.

4 hours ago, ScanmanDan said:

Yes, it is much more productive to hate than it is celebrate.

That Miniart produces a 1/35th scale kit doesn't prohibit any other company from producing the same kit in 1/32 scale.  Scale model production isn't a zero sum game.  I would concede that if you had a burning desire for the particular aircraft and you were an ardent adherent to 1/32 scale you could be very disappointed that Miniart went with 1/35th scale rather than 1/32.  But to emote so much consternation and resentment at Miniart for merely producing the kit is quite silly.  Miniart are unlikely to ever produce any kit in 1/32scale.  This should not preclude them from producing the kit in 1/35th.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  But why gleefully profess that the kit should not succeed or politic for it's failure?  Is there some concern that should Miniart actually succeed in bringing more kits to market this would somehow diminish the hobby?  Best crush and shame all who would dare buy from Miniart now lest the dreaded interloper gain a foothold in the hearts and minds of the pure.  Remember, " Four legs good, two legs bad."  

Hear, hear. I don’t see what the issue is. I like all scales, but prefer 1/35 & 1/32 for both different reasons and different subjects. That said, I have built in others over the years but now prefer the former. I don’t see the need to ’hate’ a particular scale, a highly emotive phrase, nor see its demise just because one doesn’t like it themselves. It makes no sense for any number of logic based reasons. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that’s fine, nor was I calling anyone out (I have  never seen the need to in relation to what is just simply a hobby), All I wanted the get across was simply put it into perspective for gawds sake, it’s just a model!

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

OOOOooo! Maus converted into a Triebflugel mobile (well, sort of mobile) launching platform!

In which case I am surprised it is Miniart that are producing this rather than, say, Amusing Hobby, with their large stable of ‘46 What If’ kits. I can see the logic after dipping their toe in the water with the Kolibri, even Bronco tried this with the Piper Cub, Fi-103, Horsa and DFS-230 gliders, whilst Hobby Boss (nee Tristar) still have the Fi-156 in the inventory, all nice logical complimentary items to their mud pluggers.

Anyway, more power to their elbow and hopefully we will see more of this type of kit. On a similar note if a manufacturer, any manufacturer (pretty, pretty, pretty, please), were to produce a Canberra B(I)8, PR9, or B-57 I wouldn’t care if it was in 1/32 or 1/35, I just would like one fore I shuttle off this mortal coil (sacrilege I know to some, but what is life without whimsy?). 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:08 AM, ericg said:

Actually, yes it does matter, and due to it being 1/35 scale I won’t be buying it.

I have been to many shows around Australia and New Zealand over the last 8 years and am yet to see anyone combining vehicles, field equipment and aircraft into one diorama. I think that the market avenue for the people that would want to do that is pretty slim. (The same goes for all the 1/35 helicopters currently available) On the other hand, and not withstanding that the subject is Luft ‘46 or whatever it is, I reckon there would be significantly more aircraft modellers who may be interested in this aircraft that won’t touch it due to it not being in the same scale as the rest of their collection. 

A trip to Shizuoka would solve that matter :thumbsup:

Does a full size submarine count?

58th+Shizuoka+Hobby+Show+2019+Japan+%252

Not to forget the elephant in the room:

58th+Shizuoka+Hobby+Show+2019+Japan+%252

Fine Scale Modeller featured some time a winter diorama with Tristars Storch, a halftrack (Trumpy, iirc) and a russian hut.

It happens, but not that often :hi:

Regards

- dutik

I sincerely wish Tamiya would have just started off with the obvious; make their armor scale stuff 1/32nd, and not that other scale. It would have solved every single issue ever discussed about the problems between the scales really. Obviously just barking at the moon here, but the benefits of it would have been enormous, and the drawbacks of 1/35th having never existed at all, would be completely moot.