Miniart 1/35 Focke-Wulf Triebflugel interceptor - Nachtjager version announced

Jan_G

Why would they do it at all?  I don’t think this is on any list of desired kits.  However, paper panzers and what if’s don’t do a lot for me.  On the other hand since it is German people will buy it and no one can say it is inaccurate because I don’t think any of these were ever made.    

11 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Why has Revell done kits of every Luftwaffe paper project?  Why did MMD sponsor a 1/35 "Nazi" flying saucer?  Beats the heck out of me.

Actually, Revell only did a handful of Luft '46 models. The ones who really did a lot of them were MPM/Special Hobby/Planet Models conglomerate. The reason why they did it was because it was very lucrative. Think "Goop": super-hyped BS that makes lots of money. :)

Radu 

Coincidentally, I just a few days ago pulled out my resin kit of the 1/32nd Trieflugel, probably the same kit Brian started. Thought it would fit in nicely in the multi-engine GB. But I got to finish the 335 first.  Focus, Ray, focus!!

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

There'd have to be a snoot-full of rudder authority to counter the torque from that gigantic propeller.

Only if it were powered from an engine or engines inside of the fuselage.

But it's not. 

Seeing this thread did remind me to get out my mostly-built Unicraft 1/32 kit. Just needs a pain job and final assembly...

D

Edited by D Bellis

Interesting.... I know next to nothing about this type of aircraft.  How was the gyroscopic precession handled in such an aircraft?  Seems like it'd be almost uncontrollable given the amount of mass spinning at that arm and the resistance  to changes in direction of the plane of rotation.  Would it require helicopter type inputs (90 degree control input offset) or aircraft type control surface inputs; both; neither?  Seems like anyone who'd fly something like that would be taking a one-way flight to a dirt nap.