Trumpeter P-40N for release in June

Jan_G

5 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I don't know why they bothered, been much better if they released the F-100F, and yes, the Devastator.

Less 'educated' modellers will buy it.  And parents and grandparents, as gifts.

For many people, it'll be a fun build, and nobody who looks at their model will know it's inaccurate.

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

I'd spend no more than £20 for it.

Definitely a Trump 'B' team production.

Maybe even the 'C'.

I would wait before jumping to conclusions. The main problem of the F was the nose shapes that look too much like the ones of an Allison version. This is why there is hope the Allison versions will have a correct nose. Besides that, the only other noticeable issue was the too shallow pit. For some aspects, the kit was even better than the Hasegawa ones that had no separate movable surfaces (a stupid Hasegawa habit) and for which the seams and inserts could have been far better designed. It also looks the seat is better in the Chinese kit.

I wonder what their business case is related to the "N"?

Hasegawa very very rarely puts out their N.  In fact Eduard recently did a limited run using the Hasegawa N plastic (a really nice kit).

Perhaps if the price point is much lower than the Hasegawa and a shark teeth nose art is present, they can get the sales???

:unsure: Looking at the boxart, I don't feel they did a good reserach about the markings, either...

Seems to be a 16thFS 51stFG P-40N, but where did they got that red band on the spinner ?? Should be OD. Many interesting schemes to choose from, in these CBI units.