Looks like Revell's rebox of the BF 110C-7 went unnoticed here

iaf-man

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

The Revell sIte has not posted the instructions.PDF yet else we could figure this out.

Rick

Mine's now arriving Tuesday - bank holiday on Monday - so I'll take a look.

But Revell's costs would be far higher if they started messing with the moulds, so I think they'll just order copies of the moulds & chuck some decals in, especially at £45! 

A hint:

On German ebay a retailer offered single sprues of later variants. I had the luck to get the supplement parts for the "D" with the complete sprue for something around € 7.- or so. The Revell kit does not have these extras (longer tail, bigger tailwheel and tailwheel strut). It only contains parts of the original C-7 boxing.

A retailer from Poland offered the D/E Nightfighter for a VERY good price.

Hi Andreas,

as I remember you have good contact to Revell.

The construction manual for this model (Product number: 04961) is missing.

I'm interest if Revell corrected the instruction sheet compare to the original Dragon sheet.

R/

Ralph

Mine arrived this morning. Not quite sure the box is big enough. Do wish Revell had bought the Dragon boxes along with the plastic though. Plenty of room for the soon to come add ons and those already gathered in the stash awaiting the kit. 

Edited by ade rowlands

28 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Mine arrived this morning. Not quite sure the box is big enough. Do wish Revell had bought the Dragon boxes along with the plastic though. Plenty of room for the soon to come add ons and those already gathered in the stash awaiting the kit. 

Mine's in the depot, waiting for my lazy self to go get it.

I do wish Revell would invest just a little bit more money in their packaging. The boxes really are pathetic, and collapse is inevitable at some point.

14 hours ago, Neo said:

The fact that lots of us got it on sale at dragon for 28$ kinda took the hype away of a revell rebox

Us Europeans missed out on that - the Dragon 110 kits over here have always been expensive, over £100.

I did go to the Dragon website when they were on offer as I thought it might be worth it with the kit being that cheap but shipping was $50 so obviously I went no further on that one. So I’m glad Revell have gone this route and hope they continue with the other variants at some point, specifically the D/E night fighter boxing. 

On 5/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Andreas Beck said:

Hi Ralph,

the instruction is a completely new design: clarifying and as far as I could notice mistakes are eliminated resp. not shown parts (in the DML variant) added.

Andreas

Wow, thanks for clarifying that!  I hope at some point I can DL those Revell instructions and use them on my two DML 110s.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:02 PM, Neo said:

The fact that lots of us got it on sale at dragon for 28$ kinda took the hype away of a revell rebox

Yeah, Im in the same boat as I got my second one for under $30 too.   Great value there! 

On 5/7/2019 at 8:51 AM, BiggTim said:

Kinda wish I had grabbed one of those.

Yeah, I would have thought the same if I had not grabbed one too. I definitely did not need another 110, but I thought it a great value, and if I ever do a 2nd 110 beyond my Me-110 G-4, Ill have one to do it with. 

From my quick, non-expert perusal, the plastic seems identical, the instructions have been improved.

But you still glue the nose on, hiding the lovely, detailed machine gun bay for ever.

Pointless.

• 3 weeks later...

The instructions are here.  Agree that they seem to have fixed most of the errors in the DML instructions, but a couple remain.  

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/8/2/7/1181827-65-instructions.pdf

- When assembling the engines, the rocker covers (J23, J24) in step 33 should not be attached until after the rear of the engine is attached in Step 36.  The reason is the two upward angled “arms” on part J27 have the alignment buttons for the rear of the rocker covers.

- The long underwing pitot part N29 in step 114 is not used on the C model.

- If you are going to use the underfuselage ETC rack, there are two holes that need to be opened up in the belly part A10 for the two pins in the rack fairing part A2.

- Step 80 has you attach the shield for the starboard engine air intake (not sure it’s actually correct for this model), but you need to have drilled out the holes in the cowling previously as the cowlings are already installed by this point.

- Steps 81 and 82 show the spreader bars that hold open the gear doors attached to the doors themselves.  They should actually be attached to the front of the gear legs and the doors just rest against them.

Looks like the kit ditches the PE fret that was in the original DML boxing, which means decal seatbelts only.

Edited by Dave Williams