Modern jets

A340 Pilot

53 minutes ago, A340 Pilot said:

Planning to bolster my stash with some modern jets.

What are the best kits of 1/32

F/A-18, F-18E and F, and Tornado?

TIA

Stein M 

F/A-18:  Academy (also reboxed by Kinetic)

F-18E/F:  Trumpeter.  Revell just released an -E, but it’s got a lot of build issues.

Tornado: Revell new tool.  Italeri has announced an upcoming new tool GR.4, but no information on when it’s going to be released.

If you're just stashing — ownership for a rainy day philosophy — I'd buy the Academy/Kinetic F/A-18, which cover the A to D variants.

For Tornado, wait for Italeri.  Like most modern jets it has big inlets but the Revell is really just a hollow fuselage aft of the cockpit. No ducting. At the moment, anyway.

Modern Hornets are trickier, but there's no doubt the stronger Trumpeter boxings are better for stashing. The flimsy Revell packaging forces more immediate construction, which might not be your plan.

Tony 

1 hour ago, A340 Pilot said:

Anyone with any experience with the Neomega burner cans and Aires cockpit sets for the Trumpeter F/A-18E Super Hornet?

First I’ve heard of Aires making cockpit sets and Neomega making burners for the 1/32 Trumpy Super Hornet.  Other than Eduard PE, the only cockpit set I know of is the old Super Bug set and the only burners I know of are the Olimp ones.  Inquiring minds want to know more.

I cant seem to find anything on a 1/32nd Aires F-18E cockpit set in 32nd.................Ive found lots for 48th stuff, and a 32nd Hornet pit for the F-18C, but cant find anything on a 32nd pit for the E. 

You guys are right!

I've re-read the Hannants Hornet info.

I mis-read Olimp for being Neomega and no Aires cockpit!

F/A-18A-D cockpits on the list though, are plenty.

Anyway, my experience with Aires resin are bad. You have to sand and scrape away so much plastic that they're too time consuming to be worth the effort.

Stein M 

5 hours ago, PhilB said:

I forgot they did them for the Super Hornet too.  Probably mentally blocked them because the ones for the Academy legacy Hornet were notably undersized.  Anyone know if the SUper Hornet cans fit any better?

Edited by Dave Williams

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I forgot they did them for the Super Hornet too.  Probably mentally blocked them because the ones for the Academy legacy Hornet were notably undersized.  Anyone know if the SH cans fit any better?

Only item from SH is Legacy intakes at this time.