dark dull green color

misha71

hello dear lsp members.

i have mrp dark dull green. i have tried it on black base, light base and despite i'm trying to convince myself it is right color anyway i have big doubts. it looks simply ordinary dark green.

if someone has ak real color dark dull green please show here small sample how it looks. what i see on their web it is much better but it's just picture and i cant find real color in the net.

maybe you have both mrp and ak. it will be great to see them side by side.

thank you in advance

I wouldn't get too excited with an exact match. The color was mixed to a formula at the factories. It could vary between manufacturers and probably between batches. Same with Interior Green for the factories that used that color. If you think it looks close, should be ok.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Wolfram/media/Corsair-20_zpsafp8zcpb.jpg.html]Corsair-20_zpsafp8zcpb.jpg[/URL]

I don't know if this helps Misha but for Dull Dark Green ( the rudder pedals and control stick in the photo) I use Model Master's Euro Dark Green which is a pretty good match. That is, of course, if you have access to Model Master paints and are willing to use enamel paint. Sorry if this isn't of use to you.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

thank you wolf very much for attention.

your green looks exactly what i want. it is something like blueish green. 

for me is easier to get ak paints and i have their olivedrab and it sems great paint. and thair dull green color on their web looks like yours.

by the way i miss your corsair wip.

44 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I used WEM's enamel Dull Dark Green on mine:

I can't remember the name of the company that took over that range, so can't check to see if it's still available.

Kev

Here you go Kev, Sovereign Colourcoats.

https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/collections/united-states-army-air-corps-united-states-air-force?page=2

Cheers

Den

• 1 month later...

hello

i want to share some info about this color

i received ak real color dark dull green and i am very very disappointed.

it looks like olive green, not dull green.

mrp i think is very good mach.

and one tip for aqua mrp colors. thin it with mr leveling thinner and resalt will be great. straight from the bottle for me doesn't work.

cheers misha

1 hour ago, Dana Bell said:

I sent Sovereign a sample of Dull Dark Green some years back - I was pleased with how their paint turned out.

I can't comment on the other companies' DDG, but only because I haven't tried them.

Cheers,

Dana

Ah yes! That's the company (Sovereign Color Coats) that took over the WEM line, whose DDG I used on my Corsair (photo above).

Kev

On 6/3/2019 at 10:21 PM, misha71 said:

hello

i want to share some info about this color

i received ak real color dark dull green and i am very very disappointed.

it looks like olive green, not dull green.

Does not look olive to me....

dsc_03945rjaz.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, LSP_Ray said:

I wouldn't get too excited with an exact match. The color was mixed to a formula at the factories. It could vary between manufacturers and probably between batches. Same with Interior Green for the factories that used that color. If you think it looks close, should be ok.

I agree - there is no definitive colour to match.

7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

That looks exactly like Dull Dark Green to me

I also agree - it looks exactly like how I'd expect a dull dark green to look.

A bit of clarity on Dull Dark Green...

It was originally presented as a camouflage color based on the water-based Dark Green #30.  The Army didn't wish to use the color for camouflage, but the Navy juggled the formula "slightly" and recommended it as a replacement for Bronze Green.  The Army agreed, and an ANA chip was created.  The Army made the mistake of referring to the standard as Dull Dark Green #30, so some manufacturers used the Navy's juggled ANA standard color, while a few used the original Army color (which was much more like a German Black Green).  Each paint supplier could create variations in Dull Dark Green, and, of course, Bronze Green remained in production through the war's end.

Douglas also used a duPont color called Pine Green (which had been introduced on DC transports) and Boeing seems to have had their own company dark green used on 307s and 314s - much more information is needed on these colors.  Depending on where components originated, cockpits could have three or more dark greens, plus variations of green-tinted zinc chromate.  But the darker greens were all created by paint manufacturers, not mixed at aircraft factories.

Cheers,

Dana

17 hours ago, barkhorn said:

Does not look olive to me....

dsc_03945rjaz.jpg

is this sample ak color?

mine definitely doesn't look like it.

dull green in all pictures has bluish look. mine none.

i am confused