1/32 Hasegawa Bf109K-4 Weisse 8

Thunnus

11 hours ago, zaxos345 said:

Jawdroppping work John!! Well done!! 

John

Thank you sir!  The small camera can only capture so much in the limited light.  Hoping that photos from the DSLR in daylight will capture a better representation of this build.

9 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Superb!

John

Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Thanks Wacky!

7 hours ago, Sweety said:

Hi Thunnus,

I have no words it's too beautiful.:bow::bow:

Sweety

Thank you!  Can't wait to see the resin cockpit on your Corsair build!

6 hours ago, AceofClubs said:

What a masterpiece. I'm speechless. Only add two nuts on red/white antenna.

Bravissimo:clap2::bow:

I'm looking for your next project. 

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks Filippo!  I may or may not add those two nuts. ;)

5 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Really superb finish John, I am liking it a lot and waiting to see how you work your magic on the Ta-152.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy!  It's the Slipstream edition kit so not looking forward to dealing with black plastic!

5 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

man, looking stunning, sad it is coming to an end this amazing build! sorry John  to be picky but I think the  flap angle indicator decal is not properly positioned, it should be in the inner side to accomplish its function, here some references, cheers

Oh man... I had that same thought, leafed through some references and then just went with the placement recommended by the EagleCal instructions.  I'll have to see what I can do in terms of a modification.  It's do-able but when I am at the end of a build, it's hard to go back to address some of the small details.  I'm sure I missed a few!

1 hour ago, rigor said:

Outstanding build John 

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for all of the input and comments!  I appreciate each of them sincerely!  Wishing all of you a wonderful Christmas!

Outstanding modelling from start to finish John! The end result speaks for itself. I know you planned from the beginning to have the canopy closed but it would have been nice to have it pose-able so one could get a better look in to the cockpit. That's just me though......:rolleyes: My favourite part of a build has always been the cockpit area.

Two thumbs up from me John and if I was a mutant there'd be three or more! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Wolf

4 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Outstanding modelling from start to finish John! The end result speaks for itself. I know you planned from the beginning to have the canopy closed but it would have been nice to have it pose-able so one could get a better look in to the cockpit. That's just me though......:rolleyes: My favourite part of a build has always been the cockpit area.

Two thumbs up from me John and if I was a mutant there'd be three or more! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you Wolf!  Like most of my builds, the canopy on this one was sealed shut.  I did toy with the idea of having an openable canopy when evaluating the RB Productions photoetch canopy for this build but when I couldn't get it to fit, out went that idea.  Some people must scratch their heads when I invest in an aftermarket cockpit set and then shut the canopy over it but I don't consider "the build" to be limited to the physical model itself.  The Works In Progress post here serves as a reference log that I can always go back to. So I've tried to capture the process with good pics.  I often refer to my previous posts as references for current builds, especially if it is a kit that I have built before.  So it's not so crazy if you think that ALL of the models I've seen here exist only in digital photographs since I don't interact with other modelers and don't go to modeling shows.

Hello John

It was a big joy to follow your build thread from start to the end, you are always my inspiring modeler, coz i love your way of how you make this and that, especially your paint jobs are very helpfull for me, youre not just a modeler but an artist, same as Ralph Riese from Australia, but he posting just rarely in facebook.

Congratulation to your stunning work, it looks fantastic.

Thanks so much for the nice comments!  Always appreciate the input, advice, corrections and support from the LSP community!

The aerial, fabricated from Uschi's elastic thread, was attached to the tension spring and then stretched through the loop antenna and to the top of the fuselage.
IMG-6445.jpg

With some direct light, you can see some of the detail in the cockpit.
IMG-6448.jpg

Some more views of the almost completed model.
IMG-6454.jpg
IMG-6455.jpg
IMG-6456.jpg

The final detail are the landing gear indicators made of small sections of stretched sprue and painted red.  These are inserted into holes that I had pre-drilled before painting.
IMG-6462.jpg