Mclaren MP4-23 1/12

mark31

That seat looks awesome!!! I guess I need to find someone who bought one and now has decided they will never build it, and will sell at a discount.  Most of the kits they make would be pretty cool to have.  I have built 1/12 Tamiya from the 60's through the 90's when they stopped. I think they are all cool.  On my list, but will try to wait for a deal somewhere.

Thanks for the additional info.

Greg

Great project! It certainly helps to see one of those cars in monotone to reveal the actual shapes (the busy graphics and hi-speed blur kind-of hides the underlying car).  I see several mentions by other posts of Tamiya 1/12, but is this one of their kits?  You could convince me it might be an original well done scratchbuilt - what is it?

9 hours ago, Gene said:

Great project! It certainly helps to see one of those cars in monotone to reveal the actual shapes (the busy graphics and hi-speed blur kind-of hides the underlying car).  I see several mentions by other posts of Tamiya 1/12, but is this one of their kits?  You could convince me it might be an original well done scratchbuilt - what is it?

this is not tamiya

its a kit from MFH the are multi media what you see here is what you get

this is a proportion kit without the engine

the also have kits with engine i have 3 in the stash off those kits

10 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

That seat looks awesome!!! I guess I need to find someone who bought one and now has decided they will never build it, and will sell at a discount.  Most of the kits they make would be pretty cool to have.  I have built 1/12 Tamiya from the 60's through the 90's when they stopped. I think they are all cool.  On my list, but will try to wait for a deal somewhere.

Thanks for the additional info.

Greg

Iff you look around you can find them second hand

this one i also found for a good price

Iff you go for a kit from mfh take your time to build it and find good reference pics

i like building them its a lot off work but you can turn them in very nice models

this will not be my last mfh kit

Mark

Edited by mark31

14 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

What would you consider a good price for one of these kits?  $200-$300?  I know it depends which kit you are talking about. 

I have found my kits about 250 dollar lower then the retail price

So it's still a high price but in my eye's it's worth it 

What color are you planning to use for the main body?  I've got an MP4-27 in the stash, but not sure which metal shade would be best to replicate the shade of those McLarens. You have any ideas?

Matt 

15 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

What color are you planning to use for the main body?  I've got an MP4-27 in the stash, but not sure which metal shade would be best to replicate the shade of those McLarens. You have any ideas?

Matt 

so far what i understand the color is mirror silver

zero paints have the color and that is chrome

I hope this helps

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge:yahoo:.  I found a MP4-23 Brazil car on Ebay and got it for $310 shipped.  Not sure if that is a great deal or not, but it seemed ok to me. I love the rain tires as none of my other 1/12 kit have them.

The kit looks great and I can't wait to start it.  I am awaiting you next installment for the build to see how everything is going.

Greg

On 8/14/2019 at 6:54 PM, 32scalelover said:

Well I took the plunge:yahoo:.  I found a MP4-23 Brazil car on Ebay and got it for $310 shipped.  Not sure if that is a great deal or not, but it seemed ok to me. I love the rain tires as none of my other 1/12 kit have them.

The kit looks great and I can't wait to start it.  I am awaiting you next installment for the build to see how everything is going.

Greg

Nice price

I have not much time for building at the moment

Few things done but not enough to do a update

Mark