Mclaren MP4-23 1/12

mark31

Helloto you all

here my current project

i have lost the compleet mojo off building planes so time to do sommthing compleet difrent

Im going to build a F-1 Mclaren MP 4-23 1/12

i hope when done it going to look like this

ogiEpJr.jpg

I have alraedy made a start on the front spoiler

its a lot off clean up but iff you do it good it will save you some trouble at the end

PAWRJBt.jpg

okP4jYi.jpg

then it whas time to place a few PE parts

3ZpVR8p.jpg

21pGiHp.jpg

MKuj6vo.jpg

rdGxIZK.jpg

still needs more work and clean up before i can paint the parts

After that its time to start working on the rear suspinsion

this are the parts before the start

v9Mwvbx.jpg

its going to be a slow build so have time before the next update

regards Mark

2 minutes ago, mark31 said:

Helloto you all

here my current project

i have lost the compleet mojo off building planes so time to do sommthing compleet difrent

Im going to build a F-1 Mclaren MP 4-23 1/12

Yeah, Hornets will do that to you:P. Build a few on the Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars, big and impressive like 1/32 planes. Look forward  to seeing this build. Really like the looks of the current F1 cars, with all the spoilers and aero aids. The MFH kits have always fascinated/terrified me, especially the full detail versions. Will follow along.

Don

On 4/29/2019 at 3:17 AM, BloorwestSiR said:

Great start Mark. You're braver than I am.  I've got a couple of their kits in the stash and I'm too cowed to start any of them. 

Carl

Thanks

its a lot to clean up but the fit is good

you still have to drill a few holes,just the instructions are a bit off a troubbel

just dry fit and adjust a few pieces

I hope that i can show you more in a few days

Mark

Cool project Mark, Ugly cars during that period with far to many aero pieces sprouting everywhere. At least they have pulled that back a bit and the cars look a lot cleaner even with the the safety hoops fitted now.

Regard. Andy 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, monthebiff said:

Cool project Mark, Ugly cars during that period with far to many aero pieces sprouting everywhere. At least they have pulled that back a bit and the cars look a lot cleaner even with the the safety hoops fitted now.

Regard. Andy 

This car is from 2008 which was the pinnacle of the ugly aero add-on bits!  

Then the cars were gradually cleaned up...and now they are headed back in the direction of 2008 again!   The more things change in F1 the more they stay the same.

Mark--the front wing looks good!  These MFH kits are great so I'll keep an eye on your build with interest.  Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is really cool.  I have built several 1/12 Tamiya F1 cars, but never even heard of this company.  Is the front wing white metal or aluminum?  It is really polishing up well.  I looked online to find out more about these and saw how expensive they were.  WOW!! Do they fit together fairly well, and do they have good clear instructions?

Greg

20 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

That is really cool.  I have built several 1/12 Tamiya F1 cars, but never even heard of this company.  Is the front wing white metal or aluminum?  It is really polishing up well.  I looked online to find out more about these and saw how expensive they were.  WOW!! Do they fit together fairly well, and do they have good clear instructions?

Greg

indeed the price tag is high but it are great kits

its almost like a tamiya kit only more clean up

it are white metal parts and some PE

About the instructions you have to plane and dry fit before you put it togheter ore you can end up with mistakes ask me about that

This kit is a proportion kit and dondt have a engine

the have kits full detail and are amazing i have 2 off them right now but will make a wip when i finnish this one

20 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Mark!  I like the carbon fiber effect, very cool.      Must me a nice change from aircraft! 

Thanks and yes the carbon is very nice,the decals very thin and react good on the decal softner

You put a metal color underneed before you place the decals

Yes its a big change from aircraft but i love every minut off it alraedy have a small stash off cars now

Imworking still on the kit but time comsuming to get some details good i hope to have a update this weekend

Mark